website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

Here tradition for Christmas mass is that they prepare a big table where at the end of the celebration they serve everyone hot chocolate with pandoro, panettone, Christmas biscuits, etc. Sadly I was forced many times to eat all that for free only to keep up appearances :dunno:

49 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

Here tradition for Christmas mass is that they prepare a big table where at the end of the celebration they serve everyone hot chocolate with pandoro, panettone, Christmas biscuits, etc. Sadly I was forced many times to eat all that for free only to keep up appearances :dunno:

There you go, reason one to actually go to a Christmas church service :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

A favourite team, yes, of which I'd like to go to that small match not many people go to instead of just that big thing everyone goes to anyway 'because we're supposed to' ;) 

Well. If the atmosphere is better at the big day, there's another reason for you. Second, Christmas is (in my opinion) a time of traditions. If somebody doesn't feel like going, noone will say anything.

28 minutes ago, Agger said:

Well. If the atmosphere is better at the big day, there's another reason for you. Second, Christmas is (in my opinion) a time of traditions. If somebody doesn't feel like going, noone will say anything.

Never really went to church for the “atmosphere” I have to admit.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

30 minutes ago, Agger said:

That last part is the problem in some families though, where weirdly it's seen as a bad thing if you decide not to go :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That last part is the problem in some families though, where weirdly it's seen as a bad thing if you decide not to go :p

Yeah, like your grandmother silently judges you for the entire holiday :p 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Happy Christmas Obligations Are Over Day :cheer: