website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

well, I think no one :d but it´s a sort of tradition, everyone do it because it does so for centuries. weird or not, it´s actually in our DNA, we can not exist and celebrate our holidays without all those superstitions :p

I remember when I was younger and my uncle wanted to go to the bathroom my grandma literally started screaming "Jesus Christ ! Are you crazy ? sit down immediately !". :lol:

Well, if people do it 'because that's how it's supposed to be' I personally find it a lot easier to understand than if people do it because they genuinely believe someone will die if someone gets up to early :p 

"So I can't go to the bathroom?"

"No way man!"

"Ok then...you might want to keep your nose closed starting in half a minute or so :evil: "

:p 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, bestmen said:

You eat the  candy in winter :yikes:

Like there is a specific season to eat candy... :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, bestmen said:

You eat the  candy in winter :yikes:

I eat candy everyday. I will diabetes soon if I keep this up. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I eat candy everyday. I will diabetes soon if I keep this up. 

Working on becoming an avid diabetic.

Traditionally on 8th December in Italy it is the day where Christmas lights and decorations are put on streets, houses and so on, although now you can find them already by the half of November. Naples is very famous for its craftmen skilled in creating "Presepi" (I read the correct translation should be cribs).

Specifically, there's a place called San Gregorio Armeno, in the historical center of the city, that is known as the road of the cribs.

Pieces coming from these artisans are incredibly famous as they are handmade. They worth a lot of money and historically some of the masterpieces made here can be found in famous cribs around the world.

More information about the place can be found here

https://www.charmenapoli.it/en/itinerari/leggende-di-san-gregorio-armeno-strada-presepi/

3 minuty temu, OlympicIRL napisał:

I decorated the Christmas tree today :cheer:

A40071C7-51AD-4E03-84C9-AFBA813D0351.jpeg

BF598E02-B37F-4895-B57E-EF3D52F517F3.jpeg

1381BEFF-BC17-4C92-87DC-DA864F60A95F.jpeg

10060EE4-86DB-493A-A7E7-4EF8A61ED481.jpeg

465365A9-3FF7-40EF-A3B5-1C8CFB60EA8B.jpeg

And yes, that is Raymond Van Barneveld's reflection in the window :lol:.

7C0FAE93-CF45-42B4-9CDD-DB38D6E9B16D.jpeg

And as in every year, you put the tree exactly in the same place, next to the window :d Very beautiful tree btw :)