website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

3 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

*Runs to leave boots at the door in hope of receiving sweets. Should be plenty of room and I've been very very good this year.....

hj1099_1_large.jpg

You do have to sing a Sinterklaas song though. I utterly hated that, but it was the rule...

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Dude, you're a couple of weeks too late :d The fights were in November when Sinterklaas 'arrived' and people used it to protest and ruin children's days, now those people are just ignored :p 

:wall:

I need to consult my old Dutch roommate next time, before I write something about Dutch traditions. :p

Edited by wumo26

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I hope @heywoodu got coal and spite in his boots for making fun of me :p

I don't have boots :evil: All I have is one pair of good, decent walking shoes.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 hours ago, hckosice said:

boys here have something similar but it´s for the Easter Monday..and it´s a quite another story :d

Reveal hidden contents

polievacka-sibacka.jpg?w=670&h=376&ip=5

polievackanaspisi1.jpg

Of all traditions and stuff I've learned on Totallympics, this is by far the weirdest (and funniest) :d  Next year I'm just gonna go ahead and throw buckets of ice cold water on random women and go like "hey this is super urban in Slovakia, if you complain about it you're just not being inclusive enough".

Edited by heywoodu

2 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

:wall:

I need to consult my old Dutch roommate next time, before I write something about Dutch traditions. :p

I like your try though, good that protests and riots are becoming tradition :lol: 

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Of all traditions and stuff I've learned on Totallympics, this is by far the weirdest (and funniest) :d  Next year I'm just gonna go ahead and throw buckets of ice cold water on random women and go like "hey this is super urban in Slovakia, if you complain about it you're just not being inclusive enough".

Slovaks in the Netherlands (1:19 :lol:)

• 3 weeks later...

as one of the rare countries the christmas main and most important day here is today so just want to quickly wish you a Merry Christmas everybody before to return to the kitchen to "help" and prepare the carp  :)

and one link, If anyone interested about Slovak Christmas version :phttps://www.welcometobratislava.eu/christmas-slovakia/

merry-christmas-gifs-images.gif

The day has finally come. This is probably the biggest day for many children in Denmark. Tonight they can finally open their Christmas presents. My Christmas is going to pretty relaxed this year with my mother, father and grandmother. Last year we had my cousins over for Christmas, which meant the highlight of the night was when Santa (which was me last year) came with their presents for them. This year "Santa" will enjoy his mother's delicious roasted duck with sugar-coated potatoes, red cabbage, chips and the star of tonight, the Christmas sauce.

Merry Christmas, everyone! :toast:

Billedresultat for merry christmas gif

Edited by wumo26

Just sharing this famous Dutch Christmas song which is being played on the radio a lot every year around Christmas. It has English subtitles, so take a listen/look, although it's a little sad :p