website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

54 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I’m thankful for all of you and your contributions to this forum and my number 1 passion, international sports. I celebrated in a truly Totallympian way by running a 5k (my time was 25:30 even though I stopped training 2 and 1/2 weeks ago). Have a great day, and stuff your face too :p

how people celebrate Thanksgiving there?

10 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

how people celebrate Thanksgiving there?

Generally families get together and have a huge meal. It can be formal or informal. People who have to work today will often have office potlucks (a thing where everyone brings a different food item). A lot of people will do Turkey Trots (5k Runs), or attend a parade. My family will have a game night and watch the American football games that are on TV. Black Friday begins this evening, so people may go out shopping. Turkey, Ham, Potatoes, Carrots, Salads, Yams, Corn, etc. are traditional dishes, but a lot families will celebrate with a variety of differing ethnic dishies as well. The holiday is supposed to be about spending time with your family and being thankful for the things you have. It’s not that dissimilar for other meals such as Passover, Novus, Christmas, New Years, etc. Reading the Wikipedia or looking up the history of the day may help you understand more.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, bestmen said:

poor turkey 

Poor me, I’m going to burst open after eating too much food today #firstworldproblems

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Generally families get together and have a huge meal. It can be formal or informal. People who have to work today will often have office potlucks (a thing where everyone brings a different food item). A lot of people will do Turkey Trots (5k Runs), or attend a parade. My family will have a game night and watch the American football games that are on TV. Black Friday begins this evening, so people may go out shopping. Turkey, Ham, Potatoes, Carrots, Salads, Yams, Corn, etc. are traditional dishes, but a lot families will celebrate with a variety of differing ethnic dishies as well. The holiday is supposed to be about spending time with your family and being thankful for the things you have. It’s not that dissimilar for other meals such as Passover, Novus, Christmas, New Years, etc. Reading the Wikipedia or looking up the history of the day may help you understand more.

Thanks, i saw some in the movies :yes

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving, but tomorrow will be Black Friday in shops :D

18 minutes ago, Bohemia said:

Only Americans celebrate Thanksgiving, right? (like, the US and Canada, but in Canada it's not at the same time or something?)

It was invented as an American holiday, but that doesn’t mean that we guys or other people can’t celebrate it too.

Luge, cross-country skiing, Nordic combined, alpine skiing, ski jumping, speed skating, biathlon....winter is here. Happy winter sports season everyone :wub: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!