website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Happy Holidays and Birthdays Thread

leli.

'Today' (11 November) it's exactly 100 years ago since the Germans accepted to stop their war and sign an armistice, which was basically the end of World War 1. At least the end of the fighting (one dude, Henry Gunther, acted kinda stupid and got himself killed in literally the last minute of the war), the official peace came in the next year.

At 05.00 CET they let the Allied commander know they were gonna sign the armistice, which happened between 05.12 and 05.20 CET. From 11.00 CET on that day, the fighting officially ended.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, rybak said:

Before seeing the photo I KNEW Trump would have to include a photo of himself even in congratulating someone else.....surprise :rofl:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I’m thankful for all of you and your contributions to this forum and my number 1 passion, international sports. I celebrated in a truly Totallympian way by running a 5k (my time was 25:30 even though I stopped training 2 and 1/2 weeks ago). Have a great day, and stuff your face too :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Happy Thanksgiving!!! I’m thankful for all of you and your contributions to this forum and my number 1 passion, international sports. I celebrated in a truly Totallympian way by running a 5k (my time was 25:30 even though I stopped training 2 and 1/2 weeks ago). Have a great day, and stuff your face too :p

I'll stuff my face Saturday but thanks :p 

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'll stuff my face Saturday but thanks :p 

No you’ll do it today and like it!

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No you’ll do it today and like it!

I already had a regular dinner, sorry :p