website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Megan Bankes takes the gold, that's the 2nd gold for Canada already! :hyper:

Silver for Julia Schwaiger of Austria, while Anna Weidel of Germany takes a good bronze :yes

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

@heywoodu

Hide contents

No pics from the yesterdays girls competition yet, maybe later

Thank you again :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, dareza said:

31 at the end. this is maybe best ever result for our biatlon on junior/youth wc.

do you have some info maybe @heywoodu

I think it is fair to say that it is, unless it happened somewhere before 2005. The best ever result that I could find previously was 2012 Dzenis Avdic (Youth) 35th in an individual race.

9 hours ago, Werloc said:

I think it is fair to say that it is, unless it happened somewhere before 2005. The best ever result that I could find previously was 2012 Dzenis Avdic (Youth) 35th in an individual race.

Question to all:

In each IBU Cup trimester, each competitor must score 250 IBU qualifying points or less at least once, or have 250 points or less on the IBU qualifying points list, and demonstrate safe competence in skiing and on the shooting range. Competitors who fail to reach this quality performance standard may not start in the IBU Cup until the second following trimester unless they have currently qualified for the WC. 

I can only find this about qualifying for the IBU Cup, but is it possible to participate in the 2nd trimester without having participated in the 1st trimester? I was confident I read somewhere that, if you didn't compete in trimester X, you can compete in trimester Y, but I can't find it anymore. 

What I'm certain about is this: if one doesn't get less than 250 points in a trimester, the athlete has to sit out one trimester and can compete in the next one (so don't get it in trimester 1, then you can compete in trimester 3 again). But can this be 'transferred'? Meaning: if a certain athlete competed in trimester 2 of this season without getting less than 250 points, can this athlete instead of competing in trimester 1 of next season instead skip T1 and compete in T2 of next season? 

Edited by heywoodu

Wow, I did not expect Carrara, invisible all season, to take gold here, and with a fantastic skiing time as well :yikes:

a300f835a3.png