website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

3 minutes ago, Xander said:

Uhuh. Abramova is also in a good age ;) The age means nothing in his case. He had to train somewhere with the team in order to get the needed loads and recovery. He needed competition experience, because everyone needs constant practice. If he doesn't need all of that it's unnatural imo :wacko:

Not everyone needs to constantly train and compete with team mates, there's always athletes who do fine on their own and with 1-2 competitions get things going again :p 

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not see Loginov and Starykh at all and definitely don't like seeing them on podiums, but especially in Loginov's case I can pretty easily accept that his current performances aren't specifically suspicious. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not everyone needs to constantly train and compete with team mates, there's always athletes who do fine on their own and with 1-2 competitions get things going again :p 

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather not see Loginov and Starykh at all and definitely don't like seeing them on podiums, but especially in Loginov's case I can pretty easily accept that his current performances aren't specifically suspicious. 

Isn't it like when someone takes EPO that his body simply remains doped even if he/she stops using it? At least to some extent.

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Isn't it like when someone takes EPO that his body simply remains doped even if he/she stops using it? At least to some extent.

Not forever I think, but it might still give some advantage. On the other hand it's usually also not like EPO turns a mediocre athlete into a superstar, so it's definitely reasonable to believe Loginov is actually a talented athlete :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Not forever I think, but it might still give some advantage. On the other hand it's usually also not like EPO turns a mediocre athlete into a superstar, so it's definitely reasonable to believe Loginov is actually a talented athlete :p 

Just like Starykh. :p

#banbestmen

50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

there's always athletes who do fine on their own and with 1-2 competitions get things going again :p

Such athletes should receive a 4 years ban :whistle:

50 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

He could have taken a silver medal in the Antholz individual race with such results! Or 7th-8th in the Ruhpolding sprint. Not suspicious? :p Exactly the same course time from leaders btw like in his last season.

Both didn't even admit their guilt, moreover Starykh kept lying that she doesn't know how it appeared in her system. It will stay forever suspicious to me :mumble:

Edited by Xander

15 minutes ago, Xander said:

Such athletes should receive a 4 years ban :whistle:

He could have taken a silver medal in the Antholz individual race with such results! Or 7th-8th in the Ruhpolding sprint. Not suspicious? :p Exactly the same course time from leaders btw like in his last season.

Both didn't even admit their guilt, moreover Starykh kept lying that she doesn't know how it appeared in her system. It will stay forever suspicious to me :mumble:

With his shooting? Because it's not exactly fair to compare skiing times from one track with another :p 

And yes, I agree about 4 year bans for doping use. 

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

With his shooting? Because it's not exactly fair to compare skiing times from one track with another :p 

And yes, I agree about 4 year bans for doping use. 

Actually it's fair when you compare to same people esp if they have the same dynamics.

ps. Now it appeared that he trained with the team at the official venues (I was right! He had to train with the team) all this time and even kept receiving a national stipend whle being banned. What an interesting "ban".

Abramova was temporary suspended (not banned) and she was denied all of that. I hate him even more now :lol:

ps. Woohoo! We've got the new team doctor & Abramova is taking allowed substitude/meds now. I hope she left that Moscow doctor for good.

Edited by Xander

55 minutes ago, dareza said:

She could be best ever female athlete from Serbia :) 

I'm not very familiar with the history of Serbian biathlon, but isn't it possible she already is Serbia's best ever female athlete? :d 

I know she's of course no Milanko Petrovic or something yet, but I really can't think of any female biathlete from Serbia (apart from Sinanovic, Hasimovic, Zekic etc, who lose about an hour in a 20 minute race as a matter of speech) :p 

And what makes Drndic even more impressive: it's not like she got a good result purely from good shooting...she also had the 31st skiing time! 

51 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm not very familiar with the history of Serbian biathlon, but isn't it possible she already is Serbia's best ever female athlete? :d 

I know she's of course no Milanko Petrovic or something yet, but I really can't think of any female biathlete from Serbia (apart from Sinanovic, Hasimovic, Zekic etc, who lose about an hour in a 20 minute race as a matter of speech) :p 

And what makes Drndic even more impressive: it's not like she got a good result purely from good shooting...she also had the 31st skiing time! 

well, you are right :lol:

I hope for top 30 in sprint now :d