website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

15 hours ago, heywoodu said:

@hckosice Well done to Brezno, just saw a video of the opening ceremony fireworks and it looks really awesome :d :cheer:

@heywoodu

for you dude

IMG_9167.jpg

and @Werloc this is for you

IMG_9191.jpg

btw heywoodu you meant this ? :d

if you want to see more pics just click here http://kamnahorehroni.sk/foto-svetove-podujatie-breznianskom-namesti/

Awesome, thanks! And apparently I missed something because that black guy is Luquinho and I had no idea he would make his youth world champs debut  :hyper:

That fireworks, but I got it in Facebook Messenger :p Definitely going to check that site out when I'm home!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, hckosice said:

so Gabriala Koukalová will finish her career next year after the olympics, she announced it already..btw the same also Anastasiya Kuzmina

Slightly logical (definitely for Kuzmina) but always a bit sad. Dahlmeier is probably gonna do the same (which is a lot less logical than Kuzmina :p ) if she wins some gold. Not expecting to see Kaisa around much longer neither and I would be surprised if MDH goes for another full Olympic cycle.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

11 hours ago, hckosice said:

@heywoodu

for you dude

IMG_9167.jpg

and @Werloc this is for you

IMG_9191.jpg

btw heywoodu you meant this ? :d

if you want to see more pics just click here http://kamnahorehroni.sk/foto-svetove-podujatie-breznianskom-namesti/

Well, thank you very much for the picture. I'm expecting 7 pursuit races and 1 top 15. Let's see how my plan "minimal expectations" will work out :d

Well, that's fairly sad. Koukalova and Kuzmina out after the Olympics, there is a huge possibility that Kaisa will be out also and I don't think that Domracheva is going to stick around for too long either. Not many people left to challenge Dahlmeier, though I think she's going to have a short career just like Neuner, because 11 world championship medals in two years might make her bored.

Looking at the post Olympic season, it seems that the Italian and the French teams are going to be very strong, Preuss is very promissing if she fixes her health issues, Merkushyna seems like she is growing up to be a star. Still, there will always be a void in my heart when Kaisa Makarainen quits :(

The start lists for today's races are absolutely shocking.

Youth women 10 km individual: 1 girl from France and NO girl from Germany, but 2 girls from Turkey and 3 girls from Hungary.

Youth men 15 km individual: 1 boy from France and 1 boy from Germany, but:

4 boys from Romania, 3 boys from Turkey, 4 boys from Lithuania, 2 boys from Moldova, 3 boys from Hungary, 3 from Bulgaria, 5 from Belarus, 4 from Estonia, 4 from Kazakhstan and 3 from Belgium.

This is absolutely ridiculous, the big nations (or at least Germany and France) really dont seem to care about this event.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.