website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

45 minutes ago, Near said:

Don't be silly, we don't want to remove the whole sport. We just want to get rid of the sprint :p

:d

Just as a medal event at the Olympics, because getting medals for both the sprint and pursuit is totally ridiculous :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I understand that this is Summer Biathlon and that basically no favourites are participating here apart from the A team of Slovakia, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Estonia and some others, but this 4th placement from Karol Dombrovski looks slightly promissing for the upcoming season :)

Ukrainians are competing here after hard trainings/physical stress so this championship is a part of the training plan and our adult team (and some girls) weren't supposed to show good results. And they weren't good even despite all the gold medals.

Pidhrushna said that she has no emotions after the victory and it's not valuable comparing to winter biathlon, no serious competitors except Kaisa so she's pretty sober about that.

Edited by Xander

7 hours ago, dcro said:

Summer biathlon has always been just some Eastern European competition :p

Bruna and Gabi are here to change that :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Xander said:

Ukrainians are competing here after hard trainings/physical stress so this championship is a part of the training plan and our adult team (and some girls) weren't supposed to show good results. And they weren't good even despite all the gold medals.

Pidhrushna said that she has no emotions after the victory and it's not valuable comparing to winter biathlon, no serious competitors except Kaisa so she's pretty sober about that.

That's sort of a sad reaction from Pidhrushna. Not very respectful to the competitors for who this is sort of a semi-big deal.

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That's sort of a sad reaction from Pidhrushna. Not very respectful to the competitors for who this is sort of a semi-big deal.

I don't think others are much too excited either. For example, I watched men's pursuit today and it's not like Otcenas was crazy happy with his win :p

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

I don't think others are much too excited either. For example, I watched men's pursuit today and it's not like Otcenas was crazy happy with his win :p

well, he just run 12.5km at full gaz. what you expected of him to jump 2 metres high :d