website statistics

Biathlon 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

24 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

By the way, do you also happen to know/be able to find out the team of your Czech brothers? :d 

Of course I checked their Facebook page, but it's not there. 

I don´t know, the only thing I found is that they will send their B team around Lukáš Kristejn, Matej Krupčík, Tomáš Vojík, Veronika Zvaťičová or Lea Johanidesová and some Juniors..no official announcement yet..

but btw don´t know if you have this info but live streams are available here

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

I don´t know, the only thing I found is that they will send their B team around Lukáš Kristejn, Matej Krupčík, Tomáš Vojík, Veronika Zvaťičová or Lea Johanidesová and some Juniors..no official announcement yet..

but btw don´t know if you have this info but live streams are available here

Thanks!

Yes I saw that site..I really, really hope anyone wherever on internet will record the women's competitions or at least make some recording/screenshots of Bruna and Gabi, because I won't be able to watch it or even follow the live results.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

The participating athletes I found so far (minus the junior men, I was too lazy and there are no Brazilians there so I didn't take the time to make the list :p ):

Spoiler

Women:
Amanda Lightfoot (GBR)
Desislava Stoyanova (BUL)
Emilia Yordanova (BUL)
Kaisa Mäkäräinen (FIN)
Mari Laukkanen (FIN)
Laura Toivanen (FIN)
Mira Holopainen (FIN)
Suvi Minkkinen (FIN)
Jana Gerekova (SVK)
Andrea Horcikova (SVK)
Bruna Moura (BRA)
Kadri Lehtla (EST)
Johanna Talihärm (EST)
Grete Gaim (EST)
Kristel Viigipuu (EST)
Olena Pidhrushna (UKR)
Juliia Dzhima (UKR)
Iryna Varvynets (UKR)
Nadiia Belkina (UKR)
Yana Bondar (UKR)
Yuliya Zhuravok (UKR)
Alina Raikova (KAZ)
? Veronika Zvarikova (CZE)
? Lea Johanidesova (CZE)

Magdalena Gwizdon (POL)
Monika Hojnisz (POL)
Annika Schlegel (GER)
Margarita Vasilieva (RUS)
Larisa Kuznetsova (RUS)
Yana Babushkina (RUS)
Elena Ankudinova (RUS)
Olga Kalina (RUS)
Natalia Shalaeva (RUS)
Baiba Bendika (LAT)
Zanna Juskana (LAT)
Anda Muizniece (LAT)
Inga Paskovska (LAT)

Junior women:
Auli Kiskola (FIN)
Erika Jänkä (FIN)
Kristina Mazyrina (BLR)
Anna Netikova (SVK)
Gabi Neres (BRA)
Susan Külm (EST)
Regina Oja (EST)
Meril Beilmann (EST)
Tuuli Tomingas (EST)
Mari Uha (EST)
Anneliis Viilukas (EST)
Anastasiya Merkushyna (UKR)
Mariya Kruchova (UKR)
Anna Kryvonos (UKR)
Anastasiya Nychyporenko (UKR)
Yana Pustovalova (UKR)
Kristina Dmytrenko (UKR)

Maria Tsakiri (GRE)
Kamila Zuk (POL)
Kinga Mitoraj (POL) 
Annika Lutz (GER)
Natalia Fedorova (RUS)
Kristina Reztsova (RUS)
Anastasia Rudakova (RUS)
Natalia Gerbulova (RUS)
Alina Gileva (RUS)
Ieva Puce (LAT)
Inese Golubjeva (LAT)
Julija Matvijenko (LAT)
Krista Razgale (LAT)

Men:
Serhiy Semenov (UKR)
Dmytro Pidruchnuy (UKR)
Alexander Zhirnyy (UKR)
Artem Pryma (UKR)
Vladimir Semakov (UKR)
Vitaliy Kilchytskyy (UKR)
Vladimir Iliev (BUL)
Krasimir Anev (BUL)
Anton Sinapov (BUL)
Dimitar Gerdzhikov (BUL)
Ollii Hiidensalo (FIN)
Tuomas Grönman (FIN)
Sami Orpana (FIN)
Matti Hakala (FIN)
Matej Kazar (SVK)
Tomas Hasilla (SVK)
Martin Otcenas (SVK)
Michal Sima (SVK)
Michal Kubaliak (SVK)
Rene Zahkna (EST)
Kauri Koiv (EST)
Roland Lessing (EST)
Kalev Ermits (EST)
Jan Treier (EST)
Martin Remmelg (EST)
? Lukas Kristejn (CZE)
? Matej Krupcik (CZE)
? Tomas Vojik (CZE)
Apostolos Aggelis (GRE)
Gregorz Guzik (POL)
Christian Hess (GER)
Aliaksandr Babchyn (RUS)
Sergey Klyachin (RUS)
Maksim Burtasov (RUS)
Mikhail Boyarsky (RUS)
Evgeny Petrov (RUS)
Alexander Ogarkov (RUS)
Roberts Slotins (LAT)
Daumants Lusa (LAT)
Zans Andrejevs (LAT)

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I added some nations in the list above :d 

Russia won't send any of their top athletes, just names I didn't even see before..

No Rastorgujevs for Latvia, but Baiba Bendika will be there, which is cool!

Serbia was on the list of 24 nations, but won't travel to Otepää due to financial trouble unfortunately. 

On 8/17/2016 at 8:57, heywoodu said:

Hey there, it's the coolest sport in the world :d

I remember going to a friend's house during Sochi. He lived with a couple of Germans and they were there hanging with some other watching the games. One of them asked me if I wanted to watch some biathlon with them and I answered something snarky/stupid like "if I wanted to see a bunch of white people wandering in the snow I'd watch lord of the rings".

Long story short, I did catch some biathlon and damn, it is way more entertaining that it has any right to be. I was proved sooo wrong.

4 minutes ago, carivan said:

I remember going to a friend's house during Sochi. He lived with a couple of Germans and they were there hanging with some other watching the games. One of them asked me if I wanted to watch some biathlon with them and I answered something snarky/stupid like "if I wanted to see a bunch of white people wandering in the snow I'd watch lord of the rings".

Long story short, I did catch some biathlon and damn, it is way more entertaining that it has any right to be. I was proved sooo wrong.

Awesome :d 

I hope one day a Colombian will get a crazy idea and start getting into doing this sport, just like they did in Chile, Brazil and Argentina. Those are even the only nations participating at South American Championships though, it'd be cool to start seeing some Colombians, Peruvians, and so on there as well :) 

Ahora, heywoodu said:

Awesome :d 

I hope one day a Colombian will get a crazy idea and start getting into doing this sport, just like they did in Chile, Brazil and Argentina. Those are even the only nations participating at South American Championships though, it'd be cool to start seeing some Colombians, Peruvians, and so on there as well :) 

Who knows? Maybe if our speed skating gamble works people will start getting interested more in winter sports. Because right now I could only see ot happening if some kid being born to Colombian parents in Europe decides to go for the nationality to have an easier path to the Games. :lol:

2 minutes ago, carivan said:

Who knows? Maybe if our speed skating gamble works people will start getting interested more in winter sports. Because right now I could only see ot happening if some kid being born to Colombian parents in Europe decides to go for the nationality to have an easier path to the Games. :lol:

Well even something like that could be an incentive...it has to start somewhere, doesn't matter if it's from a Colombian born in Europe :p 

In Brazil it was just 2-3 people that started with cross-country skiing/rollerskiing, and especially thanks to Leandro Ribela that grew to more and more and more people :d 

Sure, it's not exactly a national sport, but if people get interested, do this sport, get other people interested and so on you can get a ball rolling :cheer:

Lovely weather during today's practice in Otepää by the way:

https://www.facebook.com/estonianbiathlonteam/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1756390117975040

South Korea's team for the mixed relay tomorrow..

25c3513c70.png

I know it's not a surprise, but it still looks weird to actually see it now.