website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Johaug's ban came and it is 14 months, more than i expected.

That's what the Norwegian anti-doping is going for, isn't it? The sports authorities still have to decide.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f53199a1c4e345ee80caef55ff0ec89a/anti-doping-norway-proposes-14-month-doping-ban-johaug

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

That's what the Norwegian anti-doping is going for, isn't it? The sports authorities still have to decide.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/f53199a1c4e345ee80caef55ff0ec89a/anti-doping-norway-proposes-14-month-doping-ban-johaug

Oh, i saw the news on bulgarian sites and thought it was a done deal. My bad i should have checked it elsewhere. :p

Weng and Halfvarsson win Lillehammer sprints

Heidi Weng NOR

Heidi Weng

Heidi Weng of Norway and Calle Halfvarsson of Sweden have won the classic sprint competition on stage one of the Lillehammer mini-tour.

Both athletes will have the overall World Cup leaders yellow bib heading into tomorrow's 5/10 km free technique competitions.

Halfvarsson arrived in Lillehammer already with the yellow and Weng earned it with her win today after two 3rd place finishes in Ruka.  For Weng it was her first ever World Cup victory in a sprint competition after recording 10 sprint podiums in previous World Cups.  In second place for the second weekend in a row from Norway's Maiken Caspersen Falla +0.48 behind.  Falla has not finished worse than second place in the last 6 World Cup classic sprints.  Hanna Falk of Sweden took third place +1.06 off the lead for her first podium since Jan 2011 in Liberec, CZE where she placed second in the free technique sprint.  

In the men's 1.6 km classic sprint Halfvarsson increased his overall World Cup lead with his victory today.  It was only his second ever career individual World Cup win.  His last came in 2013 in the free technique sprint in the Tour de Ski in Oberhof, Germany.  Halfvarsson after three World Cup competitions leads the World Cup standings by 26 points over Finland's Iivo Niskanen who was 4th place in today's sprint, a career best sprint result for him.  In second place was Norway's Emil Iversen who literally finished on the the tails of Halfvarsson skis just +0.12 behind.  Teodor Peterson of Sweden took third +0.54 back for his first podium since Falun 2014 during World Cup finals mini tour.  

Full Results and Standings Here

15219475_10154924012539925_4846214911941

15337643_10154924038294925_7297627585662