website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little over two weeks until the South Americans are fighting for their big FIS points to help in their goals to qualify for Pyeongchang 2018. Athletes from Brazil, Argentina and Chile will compete in several roller skiing competitions in São Carlos :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Sneakily moving the discussion out of the biathlon thread to here... :p 

@dcro, which part of the qualifying document specifies that in order to get 2 female (or male, but in this case I'm talking about female) athletes in XC, both athletes have to be in the top-300 of the distance/sprint FIS list and have to have less than 100 FIS points? I don't really see that part, so it's not that I'm doubting what you said, I just want to be certain before I contact CBDN about it and be able to point them to some document or something :mumble:

http://comiteolimpicoportugal.pt/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2016-03-09-PyeongChang-2018-Qualification-System-Cross-Country-Skiing-V1.pdf

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Sneakily moving the discussion out of the biathlon thread to here... :p 

@dcro, which part of the qualifying document specifies that in order to get 2 female (or male, but in this case I'm talking about female) athletes in XC, both athletes have to be in the top-300 of the distance/sprint FIS list and have to have less than 100 FIS points? I don't really see that part, so it's not that I'm doubting what you said, I just want to be certain before I contact CBDN about it and be able to point them to some document or something :mumble:

http://comiteolimpicoportugal.pt/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/2016-03-09-PyeongChang-2018-Qualification-System-Cross-Country-Skiing-V1.pdf

Here it says

http://image.prntscr.com/image/81434ea127614dbb912c2630a5db9774.png

So you can have an athlete with B standard only if they have no one with A standard.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Here it says

http://image.prntscr.com/image/81434ea127614dbb912c2630a5db9774.png

So you can have an athlete with B standard only if they have no one with A standard.

NOCs that do not have at least 1 athlete with A-standard can send 1 athlete with B-standard. That's clear.

But I don't see anything about NOCs that do have at least 1 athlete with A-standard (like Brazil if everything goes right and they have 1 athlete with A standard). I mean, I don't see where NOCs that have 1 or more athletes with the A-standard are excluded from sending someone with the B-standard. This can also be due to my lack of ability to read exactly what they mean in this kind of long rules :p 

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

NOCs that do not have at least 1 athlete with A-standard can send 1 athlete with B-standard. That's clear.

But I don't see anything about NOCs that do have at least 1 athlete with A-standard (like Brazil if everything goes right and they have 1 athlete with A standard). I mean, I don't see where NOCs that have 1 or more athletes with the A-standard are excluded from sending someone with the B-standard. This can also be due to my lack of ability to read exactly what they mean in this kind of long rules :p 

What's so puzzling? :p

"NOCs that do not have at least 1 athlete with A-standard can send 1 athlete with B-standard." If you have then you can't, if you don't have then you can. :d

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Any news about Sundby, is he banned for the upcomming season?

There is no news to be expected anymore after CAS already ruled earlier this year :p

He lost the 2014/15 World Cup title and Tour de Ski victory (because the results of 2 races were scrapped) and was banned for 2 months starting in July, meaning he missed the incredibly important months of July, August and part of September :lol:

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

What's so puzzling? :p

"NOCs that do not have at least 1 athlete with A-standard can send 1 athlete with B-standard." If you have then you can't, if you don't have then you can. :d

Well, yeah :p

I thought it would be explicitly written that athletes who have someone with the A-standard can not have an athlete with the B-standard :p 

So to get it all straight: for Brazil to get a 2nd women's quota, they have to have 2 women who have to be both in the top-300 and have less than 100 FIS points? Well that's gonna be hard :cry: