website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2016 - 2017 Discussion Thread

hckošice

Lotte Smiseth Sejersted retired as well, didn't expect that :yikes:

The list is pretty long, that surprises me ahead of the Olympic season..

Sarka Strachova (CZE, 85) 
Klaus Kroell (AUT, 80)
Fabienne Suter (SUI, 85) 
Georg Streitberger (AUT, 81) 
Jens Byggmark (SWE, 85) 
Lotte Smiseth Sejersted (NOR, 91) 
Marc Gini (SUI, 84) 
Leanne Smith (USA, 87) 
Joachim Puchner (AUT, 87) 
Anton Lahdenperae (SWE, 85)
Marion Pellissier (FRA, 88) 
Christoph Nösig (AUT, 85) 
Laurie Mougel (FRA, 88) 
Merle Soppela (FIN, 91) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

26 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Petra Vlhová found new friends :d

It reminds me of the alpine skiing suits the Germans had a decent number of years ago when I started watching alpine skiing on Eurosport, I always fell in love with their suites :d 

Like these:

jan-2001-hilde-gerg-of-germany-in-action

I don't even know exactly why but 10-11 year old me loved these suits so much and I still feel all nostalgic when I see it even without knowing exactly how or why :d 

It makes me 100% sure though that alpine skiing was the first winter sport besides speed skating I sort of regularly watched on TV when I was alone at home or when it was my turn to watch TV :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!