website statistics

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread

hukbrazil

2 minutes ago, dareza said:

well, Montenegro is very strong team. Geogria is also very strong. im sorry for Slovakian team. But when your best player partcpate for other country, maybe this is realistic.

actually our best player is serbian :d  Nenad Miloševič..but I assume we need 4 more :lol:

18 minutos atrás, hckosice disse:

Montenegro - Slovakia  97 - 65. wow 65 points great start :d

Still better than Portugal, 57 points against Poland (83 - 57) :lol:

This is a sport I know for sure it's almost impossible for our country to do something with it, as we're a nation of "short people" comparing to most of Europe :p

6 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

This is a sport I know for sure it's almost impossible for our country to do something with it, as we're a nation of "short people" comparing to most of Europe :p

high five :d

no seriously it´s still a mystery for me why we are so shitty here...we are actually not so poor in team sports, we are definitely able to skate pretty well we know how to use sticks, we are also pretty decent in running and kicking the ball...but somehow we just don´t know how to throw a ball in the air or just throw things in the basket :d

Well we managed to beat (theoretically)  weaker Portugal. Still I am not sure about our style of play, especially after we lost the 2nd quarter 13-19.

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

19 minutes ago, kungshamra71 said:

Well, never say never, after all even in basketball the most important team is talent ;) I am sure there finally will be a pretty good, skilled generation of players in Portugal :) After all, you actually have had a decent team in the past (9th place at Eurobasket 2007), plus a little offtop but in volley where in theory height is very important too you had 8th place at World Championships. I think that the most important thing is to have THAT generation which will "break the curse" plus a good coach to popularize the sport and then any country might be good in any sport for a decent amount of time :)

My favourite Volleyball position: LIBERO. You ask why? Look here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyIOarNAONk

Il y a 12 heures , tirtha22 a déclaré:

Over 50 interfaith and advocacy organisations have called on the International Basketball Federation to lift its ban on religious headgear that bars Muslim, Sikh and Jewish athletes from competing on a professional level and "defies human rights norms".

I'll encourage them to create the Silly Hat International Basketball Federation (SHIBA).