website statistics

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread

hukbrazil

Just now, intoronto said:

What happened?

Again the story of FIBA vs ULEB in europe club competitions. It's really complicated for someone who doesn't follow closely, and even for me who follow a lot of times it doesn't make sense. Anyway, in short FIBA wants from national federations to suspend clubs who will play in the ULEB Eurocup next season and threatening national federations who don't apply with suspensions. And ULEB is going to sue FIBA because of pressures and blackmails. FIBA wanted to overtake ULEB in organizing biggest club competitions but lost again because their new Champions League will again be 3rd tier competition in Europe. I said it many times, FIBA is a joke.

5 hours ago, nenad said:

Again the story of FIBA vs ULEB in europe club competitions. It's really complicated for someone who doesn't follow closely, and even for me who follow a lot of times it doesn't make sense. Anyway, in short FIBA wants from national federations to suspend clubs who will play in the ULEB Eurocup next season and threatening national federations who don't apply with suspensions. And ULEB is going to sue FIBA because of pressures and blackmails. FIBA wanted to overtake ULEB in organizing biggest club competitions but lost again because their new Champions League will again be 3rd tier competition in Europe. I said it many times, FIBA is a joke.

Having a Superleague with 30 games league format with "Gods" teams every year is the real joke. 

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Having a Superleague with 30 games league format with "Gods" teams every year is the real joke. 

I don't say ULEB is much better, but in comparison with FIBA it's no contest.