website statistics

Tennis Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Wanderer

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Olympics always been second to the grand slams but this is getting ridiculous.  Its the olympics!!   Its not like soccer where younger teams play.  Wouldnt surprise me if tennis will be attempted to be taken off the schedule for tokyo or 2024

Don't worry guys like Isner are exceptions.

I do hope they relax the Davis/Fed cup requirements, that's what's hurting the field.

Trouble in the Netherlands. Our only serious world-class player, Jean-Julien Rojer,won't go to the Olympics if our NOC doesn't allow him to take part in the opening ceremony. So far they still haven't told him he can be in the ceremony. "He's really clear about this, but if he or the NOC don't change their mind, it's also over for me", is what Robin Haase said (no way he'll go in singles, so it's his only chance). "Eight years ago I missed the Olympics and in London it was a shithole in terms of organization for the players, so I'm really hoping for Rio...not saying it's my last chance though."

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

With Michael Venus' loss in 1st round of Roland Garros, chances for a Kiwi men's doubles team for Rio are very very low, and it is very unlikely any pairing among Venus, Daniell and Sitak will be able to make it.

Russian women's team for singles: Kuznetsova, Pavlyuchenkova, Kasatkina and Sharapova* (Makarova).

No way Sharapova. Makarova for sure will be in Rio.

Edited by dareza

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Kyrgios will reject the Olympic Quota

http://nickkyrgios.org/category/news/

Because of a "fight" with his NOC. Surprise :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!