website statistics

Tennis Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

Wanderer

10 minutes ago, DaniSRB said:

who do you think is candidat for 2nd men's wild card?

Really don't know but just to name a few candidates in my opinion: :BAR Darian King; :ESA Marcelo Arevalo (both in top 300). Other players I have in mind:  :BOL Hugo Delien; :SRI Dissanayake; :MNE Ljubomir Celebic; :MON Benjamin Balleret....

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we end up with Cepede Royg and Vogt (again!!).

BIH got it in men's, so no women's wild card for them. My guess is that Macedonia and Oman potentially didn't apply. And the following player's rankings are just too low.

I believe it will be Royg and Vogt again, unless Macedonia applied. 

Just now, dcro said:

Sadly for El Salvador they are not a tripartite nation. And that's mostly because of some random luck I guess.

I thought they were, now I checked the list I'd posted. Pity. Arevalo is really playing well lately.

List of eligible African nations is really poor. I think there are max 3 players from mentioned countries in top 1000. For sure I know :BDI have one young player in top 1000.

Last month and this one there are few futures tournaments in Nigeria and Mozambique and there are many African players, mostly in qualifications but all of them are without rank. 

I guess Zimbabwe is strong enough not to be eligible for TIP. They are traditionally one of the best African nations in tennis.

Oceania is even worse. Asia is somewhere between Africa and Oceania. 

This leaves Americas and Europe as the choices for TIP :dunno:

28 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

List of eligible African nations is really poor. I think there are max 3 players from mentioned countries in top 1000. For sure I know :BDI have one young player in top 1000.

Last month and this one there are few futures tournaments in Nigeria and Mozambique and there are many African players, mostly in qualifications but all of them are without rank. 

I guess Zimbabwe is strong enough not to be eligible for TIP. They are traditionally one of the best African nations in tennis.

Oceania is even worse. Asia is somewhere between Africa and Oceania. 

This leaves Americas and Europe as the choices for TIP :dunno:

Why do you feel Asia is between Africa and Oceania  ?........ Is this in tennis in general or only for the tripartite places ?............. Since India currently has a world number 1 in womens doubles ( sania )  and a former world number 1 in mens doubles ( leander ) 

Edited by nitinsanker

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi

35 minutes ago, Pavlo said:

stronger HON and PAN are tripartite and El Salvador isn`t....IOC

El Salvador is stronger than those two nations in Olympic qualification. Honduras is almost nothing without football while Panama doesn't have much outside of athletics.

El Salvador is just on the other side of the cut-off for tripartite consideration. They have qualified six athletes without help and will gain two more spots in athletics and swimming through the wild cards so they aren't hurting for spots.

Just came here to state how I would like for Arevalo to get WC, but i see now no chance. Too bad, he is playing very well this season, he has beaten some Serbian players and this week in Italy he already beat two of our players Krstin and Tepavac.