website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

Flag bearer for :wIND: - Manu Bhaker (Shooting)... Expected one  ...Even though she has done so well in many senior world cups... Of late has been unpredictable. Her recent 593 in qualifying in asiad was good ..missing world record by 1  but went medalless in finals ..  In 25m pistol..So would be interesting to watch her here... 

54 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Flag bearer for :wIND: - Manu Bhaker (Shooting)... Expected one  ...Even though she has done so well in many senior world cups... Of late has been unpredictable. Her recent 593 in qualifying in asiad was good ..missing world record by 1  but went medalless in finals ..  In 25m pistol..So would be interesting to watch her here... 

Well, there not covering shooting, but maybe there will be highlights.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Jur said:

Is there a Refugee Team at the YOGs?

Not in the result system

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Jur said:

Is there a Refugee Team at the YOGs?

Not in the result system

On 02/10/2018 at 11:53, LDOG said:

4 days to go...

There is almost no interest from the media in this games however all olympic passes available (a little more than 600,000) have already been distributed. So, probably we will see games with little media impact but with full venues for every event.

The venues are mostly shitty because they aren't real stadiums, just training centres which they added temporary stands to (and the only real indoor stadium for 10K people in the area of olympic park will be used for... storage...). 

The opening ceremony will be pathetic and isn't worth my time (I don't care about ceremonies anyway) and I don't want to talk about the closing ceremony not being held because organization ran out of budget...

I just hope the park will be good when I go there and that the queues for the popular events aren't too insane, my expectations are low.

You're so pessimistic lol

From the images I see, most of the venues look good, even beautiful! In some cases the city does all the work :cool:. Also, the opening ceremony was a great idea for this particular event and I'm sad I won't be able to be there (that's why I'm also sad about the closing ceremony not being held, but it isn't a great loss). Anyway, I have good expectations for the one week I'm gonna stay in BA.

58 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

:wTGA: Will have 14 athletes in 5 sports, 12 girls and 2 boys... That means an incredible 85.7% of the contingent are girls.... It would be nice to cheer on the Tongan girls futsal team to score a couple of goals in the tournament..... :thumbup:

WOW Tonga has a bigger delegation than Denmark 

Edited by thepharoah

What's a B-Boy and a B-Girl? Have I missed something in the recent social discussions? :p

https://www.buenosaires2018.com/results/en/breaking/daily-schedule-date=2018-10-07.htm

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!