website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Yap, can't wait to see some mixed team cycling.

It is a sad time when this is actually not a joke :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

After a 2 hour search..

:INA Indonesia at the Youth Olympic Games 2018 :INA

Total athletes: 18

ATHLETICS:
-??
-??

BADMINTON:
Ikhsan Leonardo Imanuel Rumbay (Men's singles)
Maharani Sekar Batari (Women's singles)

3x3 BASKETBALL
Women's
- Valencia Angelique
- Nathania Claresta Orville
- Michelle Kurniawan
- Ni Putu Eka Liana Febiananda

SWIMMING
Women's
- Azzahra Permatahani
- Adinda Larasati Dewi

Men's
- Farrel Armandio Tangkas
- Azel Zelmi Aryalingga

SHOOTING
- Muhammad Naufal Mahardika (Men's 10 m Rifle)

GOLF
??

WEIGHTLIFTING
-?? (1 boy)
-?? (1 girl)

BEACH VOLLEYBALL

Men's
- Danang Herlambang/Bintang Akbar

The site is not really working well yet..

https://s3.amazonaws.com/yog18.schedule.static/en-es/all-sports/competition-schedule.htm#

When I click on a date to get the schedule for just that date, nothing happens. Same thing when clicking on a sport.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

In athletics, finals are apparently nowadays called 'stage 2'. Just so you know when you read the schedule, when it says 'stage 2', highlight it because that's the final :p 

35 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In athletics, finals are apparently nowadays called 'stage 2'. Just so you know when you read the schedule, when it says 'stage 2', highlight it because that's the final 

That's because in many events the final ranking is determined by adding together the results of both stages, so for example winning stage 2 doesn't necessarily mean winning the gold medal.

35 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

In athletics, finals are apparently nowadays called 'stage 2'. Just so you know when you read the schedule, when it says 'stage 2', highlight it because that's the final :p 

No, Stage 2 is literally what it sounds like. For every event 2 competitions will be held and the best combined total or time over the two will determine the winner. Accept, in the 1500m, 2000m Steeplechase, and 3000m in which athletes will race those races once then run a cross country mass start and the winner of each distance will be determined by a combined time from thier real race and the cross country one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Definitely, I want to watch stuff :p

I’ll post it around Friday

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 days to go...

There is almost no interest from the media in this games however all olympic passes available (a little more than 600,000) have already been distributed. So, probably we will see games with little media impact but with full venues for every event.

The venues are mostly shitty because they aren't real stadiums, just training centres which they added temporary stands to (and the only real indoor stadium for 10K people in the area of olympic park will be used for... storage...). 

The opening ceremony will be pathetic and isn't worth my time (I don't care about ceremonies anyway) and I don't want to talk about the closing ceremony not being held because organization ran out of budget...

I just hope the park will be good when I go there and that the queues for the popular events aren't too insane, my expectations are low.