website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

1 hour ago, wumo26 said:

Denmark will send 12 athletes, the smallest delegation ever, to Buenos Aires.

Tazana Mikkel Kamanga-Dyrbak, Athletics (200 m.)

Alexander Young, Cycling

Jacob Hindsgaul Madsen, Cycling

Sofie Heby Pedersen, Cycling

Mie Saabye Madsen, Cycling 

Jonas Winterberg-Poulsen, Fencing, (foil)

Anne Wennerwald Normann, Golf

Nicolai Højgaard, Golf

Laura Lyck Artmann Larsen, Karate, +59 kg

Thomas Kjelgaard Lolholm Jensen, Rowing, (Single sculls)

Stephanie Laura Scurrah Grundsø, Shooting, (Rifle)

Sif Nikoline Bendix Madsen, Triathlon 

https://www.dif.dk/da/politik/nyheder/viaritzaupolitik/presse/2018/9/20180918_12dansketalentermedvedungdomsolibuenosaires

With that being said, I think that for such a small team, your medal chances are great.

However, I’m sorry that I just guaranteed that Denmark will receive 0 medals. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

33 minutes ago, LDOG said:

So, nobody is winning medals apparently. Where will those medals go then? To Swaziland??

I think @heywoodu stole them all and is hiding them somewhere in the Netherlands. All truth aside :p, I think the US has brought a very serious team (for once) and seems to be a making a big deal out of it. So I think we might take home the medal count as long as France, GB, China, and Russia stay out of our way

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Would anyone like for me to publish a streaming schedule for games (Olympic Channel only probably)

22 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Would anyone like for me to publish a streaming schedule for games (Olympic Channel only probably)

Polish TVP will broadcast some events - AFAIK athletics, swimming, taekwondo, weightlifting, gymnastics and something I don't remember. What's on TV is always on their website, where there are also things that don't find place in TV, but most probably with the geoblock, but there are some ways to... <autocensorship> ;)

Olympic Channel will also have some cooperation with Polish NOC and there will be some stream on Polish NOC wbsite - find if your country also has some agreement like this one.

1 hour ago, rybak said:

I would love to see any our team (more chances have men's team) in Tokyo Olympics, but it will be extremally difficult to qualify, I think that men's basketball team have bigger chances, ofc if they will qualify to World Cup in China next year.

I meant the hopes for Buenos medals, not for the future (of course, not excluding this option), for sure not for Tokyo. But if you say, though it's wrong thread, I'd say that our field hockey teams, and women's for sure, have in my opinion more chances for Tokyo quota than men's basketball. But their chances mostly depend on two things - if they will play like they did in Johannesburg against Germany and England or like they did in last year's Europeans II, and who will they draw in the qualification event. PS. I have big hopes for Polish volleyball women, seems they are coming back to the times of 2009-2010 team, which had great skills, but a lot of bad luck and wrong atmosphere, which doesn't seem to be the case now.

hace 48 minutos, Vojthas said:

But their chances mostly depend on two things - if they will play like they did in Johannesburg against Germany and England or like they did in last year's Europeans II, and who will they draw in the qualification event. 

Very likely that given their ranking both teams would draw a very tough opponent (as in, one ranked 4 to 6). If it were just one match there would be a little hope but in a home and away playoff I would say such opponent is almost impossible to beat for both Poland teams.

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Definitely, I want to watch stuff :p

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!