website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

2 hours ago, LDOG said:

Apparently Brazil rejected the girls quota last minute. Wikipedia says it was because "they chose to compete in boys futsal" but that makes no sense because in beach handball, rugby and field hockey there are some nations that will play both genders! plus, Brazil didn't qualify for any other girl team sport, so they aren't binded by the "only one team sport for each gender" rule that all countries except us have to follow.

The same happened to Iran girls, is there some special rule for futsal that I don't know about?

It's a little ambiguous, but this article from FIFA website basically says that a nation has to pick Men's or Women's in Futsal. For instance here: "Iran decided to play the Men's Tournament, and Japan accepted. Thailand ended up third and were the next eligible team." https://www.fifa.com/womensyoutholympic/teams/eligible/index.html

So my guess is that Brazil and Iran weren't allowed to enter both teams.

hace 24 minutos, vinipereira said:

It's a little ambiguous, but this article from FIFA website basically says that a nation has to pick Men's or Women's in Futsal. For instance here: "Iran decided to play the Men's Tournament, and Japan accepted. Thailand ended up third and were the next eligible team." https://www.fifa.com/womensyoutholympic/teams/eligible/index.html

So my guess is that Brazil and Iran weren't allowed to enter both teams.

Ok, the IOC doesn't really make the rules then... I mean, FIFA can decide this by themselves, FIH allowed us to play both hockey tournaments which shouldn't be allowed to the host nation... who knows.

:LTU LTOK confirmed its smallest team ever with 14 athletes going to Buenos Aires:

Athletics - 3 

• Dominykas Čepys - SHOT PUT
  • Matas Makaravičius - DISCUS THROW
  • Dovidas Petkevičius - 110m HURDLES

Gymnastics - 1

• Eglė Stalininkevičiūtė - ARTISTIC ALL-AROUND

Modern Pentathlon - 2

• Elžbieta Adomaitytė
  • Aivaras Kazlas

Rowing - 2

• Kamilė Kralikaitė / Vytautė Urbonaitė - PAIRS

Shooting - 1

• Greta Rankelytė - 10M AIR PISTOL

Swimming - 4

• Kotryna Teterkova - 50M, 100M, 200M BREASTSTROKE
  • Agnė Šeleikaitė - 50M, 100M, 200M BREASTSTROKE
  • Alanas Tautkus - 50M, 100M, 200M BACKSTROKE
  • Arijus Pavlidi - 50M, 100M, 200M BACKSTROKE

Table Tennis - 1

• Medardas Stankevičius

On 28/08/2018 at 05:48, MHSN said:

I said it months ago. that Iran FF was told by AFC to pick one team and they picked the boys team just because they believe they have more chance for medal there.

Same with Brazil. Our senior women's team is very good, but I don't even know if we have an active youth team - even the qualification was achieved by the senior team, which is really strange but just shows the lack of competitions for youth teams in women's futsal.

It's a little mind boggling that FIFA doesn't really shows many interest in women's futsal, but hopefully that is changing.

:POL has place in girls' pentathlon. I'm not sure, how did the reallocation go, but the coordinator coach of Polish Youth A National Team told me, that he got the news from our sports director, that it has something to do with Kazakhstan. The news about quota for Poland is sure and confirmed by an e-mail sent by UIPM to Polish Modern Pentathlon Federation President.

So Kazakhstan is sending a girls rugby team thanks to the magical powers of the one team rule and reallocation

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela