website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

Well no. All countries can have only 1 team so, if Iran will qualify a team in volleyball your noc must decide who want sent in Argentina. Very very stupid criteria..

I think that's beach volleyball , I doubt that will be counted as a team sport. right ?

but Iran most probably will qualify in women's futsal as well, I think they will pick the boys' team unless they go for "promoting" women's sport.

3 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I think that's beach volleyball , I doubt that will be counted as a team sport. right ?

but Iran most probably will qualify in women's futsal as well, I think they will pick the boys' team unless they go for "promoting" women's sport.

I ceck and you're right. Btw, in was only an example :p

No, beach volleyball doesn't count as "team sport" here. I remember for 2014 we had boys and girls beach volleyball and we also played other team sports.

I think what is counted as team sports is only Futsal, Beach Handball, Rugby 7 and Hockey.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

They can send one men and one women team.

^that's right, every country can choose to send one men and women team of the same team sport in they wish, exception is Argentina which can send only one gender per team sport (but unlike the other countries can participate in all four team sports).

WTF, what's with this rule a country can send just one team per gender across totally different sports? IOC didn't have enough stupid rules or something?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

WTF, what's with this rule a country can send just one team per gender across totally different sports? IOC didn't have enough stupid rules or something?

YOG was never really something to be excited about. You really don't have to be the best in the World to win the gold here, because the best in the World may not qualify! Probably YOG winners themselves know that.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

YOG was never really something to be excited about. You really don't have to be the best in the World to win the gold here, because the best in the World may not qualify! Probably YOG winners themselves know that.

I disagree about that, it's still a very much fun event to watch and a lot of the athletes are at least among the best in the world, but yeah, these kind of rules suck.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I disagree about that, it's still a very much fun event to watch and a lot of the athletes are at least among the best in the world, but yeah, these kind of rules suck.. 

It really wasn't if you are looking for serious competition. Judo qualification system for example allows nations to compete in max 1 category per gender...

#banbestmen