website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

So, it´s over. 3 medals, same like in Nanjing. But, this time also one gold. Overall, we can be satisfied, 33 qualified athletes for such small country is a very nice number, we qualified athletes in many different sports including 3 combat sports, that´s also not so usual thing for us.

Huge disappointment was ofc the Boxing, hard luck for Jessica Triebeľová to be drawn against the top favorite and the gold medalist already in the first round...This will be really hard to swallow, and it will take some time, that´s for sure, especially if Jessica will really finish her career as it was declared because of that.

In other side it was fun to see Slovak athletes competing in Climbing, Futsal, BMX Cycling, Karate or Judo (and even missing nearly the bronze medal after losing to Canadian judoka in the Bronze medal bout).

Just like 4 years ago it was  once again about Canoeing for us, the only difference is that in Nanjing the medals winners were nowadays world level established male canoers Marko Mirgorodský and Jakub Grigar, this time it was about girls. Katarína Pecsuková with silver in K1 Head-to-Head Sprint and especially Emanuela Luknárová who won 2 medals, Gold in K1 Canoe Slalom and Bronze in C1 Canoe Slalom.

So as expected Emanuela Luknárová was our flag bearer during last nights Closing Ceremony

191018closing.jpg

and here for the last time the whole YOG Buenos Aires 2018 SVK Olympic team before the Closing ceremony

191018closing_2.jpg

Tonight the whole delegation will attend a special evening organized by the Slovak community living in Argentina. They will then fly back home tomorrow.

Has the IOC cut off bandwith for the video-on-demand section or something? All of a sudden since today they are pausing every few seconds and it's nearly unwatchable..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I give up, there's no fun in watching anymore when the videos don't even load and if they do, you can watch for 5 seconds before it stops again...guess it'll be a matter of simply looking at the results :( (apart from those few things that were thankfully streamed on YouTube, which does work well)

Every live stream ever should be on YouTube. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 11 months later...
2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Sorry to return to this thread but does anyone have entry lists for climbing, breaking and rugby sevens with dates of birth listed?

I'm missing them for my records.

I have the complete results books. I can send you the entry lists page if you want. They should also be available for free in the Olympic Library.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

I have the complete results books. I can send you the entry lists page if you want. They should also be available for free in the Olympic Library.

I have them too but the results books for those sports don't have dates of birth listed.

The entry lists issued before the event do have them, that's what I'm looking for.

Just now, Dragon said:

I have them too but the results books for those sports don't have dates of birth listed.

The entry lists issued before the event do have them, that's what I'm looking for.

You might be shit out of luck there. Maybe try the Wayback Machine for the Buenos Aires 2018 website?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Dragon said:

Tried already. Nothing there

Maybe @MHSN has those? Also, check the IF websites maybe?