website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

I don't like closing ceremony in multi-sport events , i have to say it was really good Olympics overall , i've enjoyed almost all events except athletics for sorry , my only problem wasn't broadcasting any of some sports like wrestling , modern pentathlon , rowing , triathlon and ofc not broadcasting many of our medal moments which was really annoying , but overall it was really good olympics , good organization , very good atmosphere , we had some really good results for Egypt here , the ups was much more than downs here , 12 medals is such a good result ofc for us , hopefully it'll happen one day in senior Olympics :d Thanks Argentina and hopefully Senegal will show the world something unique and different next Olympics 

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Question time. This is the standings in the pole vault where I am watching now:

XuTQObr.png

Thiery is the only athlete who still has at least one attempt remaining, all others are out. At this point, how can Furusawa get anything other than silver (apart from post-competition DQ's)? According to the commentator, we 'now have to wait and see what these results will mean in terms of who gets which medals'....

As terrible as the format and commentary is by the way, the awesomeness of this pole vault competition made up for that by a wide margin :bowdown:

Its in terms of placement. So if you finish 2+5 your total is 7 ... but the results website shows combined results totals so honestly I have no idea.

4 hours ago, intoronto said:

Its in terms of placement. So if you finish 2+5 your total is 7 ... but the results website shows combined results totals so honestly I have no idea.

But others have said that what counts in terms of a tie in the combined result is the best single result...so this 10.32 tie is decided by the 5.27, 5.22 and 5.20 respectively. Apparently. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Since there has been a discussion throughout the games about how NOCs have been claiming mixed team medals as their own I thought I'd have a look and see who the mixed team medalists are! Prepare for a long list!

:ITA Italy: 6-2-0 (8)

:HUN Hungary: 4-1-0 (5)

:BUL Bulgaria: 3-1-0 (4)

:CHN China: 3-1-0 (4)

:ESP Spain: 2-2-2 (6)

:MEX Mexico: 2-1-2 (5)

:UKR Ukraine: 2-1-2 (5)

:FRA France: 2-1-1 (4)

:VIE Vietnam: 2-1-0 (3)

:USA United States: 2-0-7 (9)

:AUS Australia: 1-3-2 (6)

:EGY Egypt: 1-2-3 (6)

:JPN Japan: 1-2-3 (6)

:RUS Russia: 1-2-3 (6)

:TPE Chinese Taipei: 1-2-0 (3)

:IND India: 1-2-0 (3)

:GER Germany: 1-1-4 (6)

:COL Colombia: 1-1-0 (2)

:POR Portugal: 1-1-0 (2)

:BLR Belarus: 1-0-1 (2)

:CAN Canada: 1-0-1 (2)

:POL Poland: 1-0-1 (2)

:SLO Slovenia: 1-0-1 (2)

:RSA South Africa: 1-0-1 (2)

:SWE Sweden: 1-0-1 (2)

:UZB Uzbekistan: 1-0-1 (2)

:AZE Azerbaijan: 1-0-0 (1)

:CAM Cambodia: 1-0-0 (1)

:CRO Croatia: 1-0-0 (1)

:DEN Denmark: 1-0-0 (1)

:HAI Haiti: 1-0-0 (1)

:HON Honduras: 1-0-0 (1)

:MGL Mongolia: 1-0-0 (1)

:PAN Panama: 1-0-0 (1)

:SGP Singapore: 1-0-0 (1)

:SRI Sri Lanka: 1-0-0 (1)

:SUI Switzerland: 1-0-0 (1)

:VEN Venezuela: 1-0-0 (1)

:ARG Argentina: 0-4-2 (6)

:NZL New Zealand: 0-3-0 (3)

:GBR Great Britain: 0-2-1 (3)

:NED Netherlands: 0-2-0 (2)

:KOR South Korea: 0-2-0 (2)

:THA Thailand: 0-2-0 (2)

:BEL Belgium: 0-1-1 (2)

:CZE Czech Republic: 0-1-1 (2)

:ECU Ecuador: 0-1-1 (2)

:KAZ Kazakhstan: 0-1-1 (2)

:KGZ Kyrgyzstan: 0-1-1 (2)

:TJK Tajikistan: 0-1-1 (2)

:ZIM Zimbabwe: 0-1-1 (2)

:CRC Costa Rica: 0-1-0 (1)

:EST Estonia: 0-1-0 (1)

:FIJ Fiji: 0-1-0 (1)

:HKG Hong Kong: 0-1-0 (1)

:MAD Madagascar: 0-1-0 (1)

:MAS Malaysia: 0-1-0 (1)

:MAR Morocco: 0-1-0 (1)

:NOR Norway: 0-1-0 (1)

:ALG Algeria: 0-0-2 (2)

:AUT Austria: 0-0-2 (2)

:BRA Brazil: 0-0-2 (2)

:BDI Burundi: 0-0-1 (1)

:FIN Finland: 0-0-1 (1)

:GRE Greece: 0-0-1 (1)

:GUA Guatemala: 0-0-1 (1)

:KOS Kosovo: 0-0-1 (1)

:MRI Mauritius: 0-0-1 (1)

:NAM Namibia: 0-0-1 (1)

:PER Peru: 0-0-1 (1)

:TKM Turkmenistan: 0-0-1 (1)

:ZAM Zambia: 0-0-1 (1)

This list means that technically 106 nations will be taking medals home from Buenos Aires with Costa Rica, Cambodia, Guatemala, Fiji, Haiti, Panama, Singapore, Tajikistan, Zimbabwe, Madagascar, Turkmenistan, Namibia and Peru winning medals in mixed team events but not individual events.

Edited by uk12points

3 ore fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

But others have said that what counts in terms of a tie in the combined result is the best single result...so this 10.32 tie is decided by the 5.27, 5.22 and 5.20 respectively. Apparently. 

yes, it is...

in the end, the French guy won because of its overall total (since he vaulted also 5.32 for a total of 10.37), but silver and bronze were deided by the best single performance (5.22 for the Jpanese guy and "only" 5.20 for the Russian guy), after tying the overall total at 10.32 (meanwhile placing results were 3+2 for JPN and 1+3 for RUS)...

Just now, phelps said:

yes, it is...

in the end, the French guy won because of its overall total (since he vaulted also 5.32 for a total of 10.37), but silver and bronze were deided by the best single performance (5.22 for the Jpanese guy and "only" 5.20 for the Russian guy), after tying the overall total at 10.32 (meanwhile placing results were 3+2 for JPN and 1+3 for RUS)...

Exactly. Which meant that at the moment of which I posted that screenshot (with only Thiery still having at least one attempt left) it was already sure who would get which medals, but according to the commentator we would still have to wait and see.

Anyway, in general the field events were absolutely piss poor in terms of how they were introduced (commentary, graphics etc). The only way to somewhat follow what was going on was by having an Excel sheet or something and manually filling in every attempt there, which I really don't think is the direction athletics should be going in. Decathlon/heptathlon are complicated enough to follow, we really don't need this for every single event...throw the furthest, run the fastest or jump the furthest/highest and you win. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

by the way, the Games are over and for what concerns Italy we can only say we're very satisfied with our results (34 medals, 11-10-13...not counting the "mixed teams" events -where we had the best total :yikes:)...

as always, we won medals in many different sports, almost all those we entered some athletes...

Adesso, heywoodu ha scritto:

Exactly. Which meant that at the moment of which I posted that screenshot (with only Thiery still having at least one attempt left) it was already sure who would get which medals, but according to the commentator we would still have to wait and see.

Anyway, in general the field events were absolutely piss poor in terms of how they were introduced (commentary, graphics etc). The only way to somewhat follow what was going on was by having an Excel sheet or something and manually filling in every attempt there, which I really don't think is the direction athletics should be going in. Decathlon/heptathlon are complicated enough to follow, we really don't need this for every single event...throw the furthest, run the fastest or jump the furthest/highest and you win. 

I agree at 1000% ;)