website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

This mixed teams format in table tennis is severely flawed. The Japanese team is playing against "Europe 1" team (Serbia and Sweden). The Serbian girl lost the first match, but the Swedish guy had a very convincing win in the second match. Then they are forced to play doubles against a Japanese pair who had the chance to train together for months. Really fair, yeah.

27 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

This mixed teams format in table tennis is severely flawed. The Japanese team is playing against "Europe 1" team (Serbia and Sweden). The Serbian girl lost the first match, but the Swedish guy had a very convincing win in the second match. Then they are forced to play doubles against a Japanese pair who had the chance to train together for months. Really fair, yeah.

I think the same yesterday when our male dobles fo tennis defeat the mix team of Australia/Bulgaria, how many times our players train together and how many times the mix team do the same?, a very strong advantage for our team.......

I don't know how it has been for you guys, but I'm watching yesterday's athletics now and it's just goddamn impossible to follow it with these combined times/distances...I mean, it would be 'somewhat' ok to follow it if at least they have full live graphics before, during and after every single attempt and heat, but even the graphics are terrible. In half the attempts the 'Total' (if they even show the 'Total', which they mostly don't) only shows the result of stage 1 for example, and not even once have I seen a simply list of current standings being shown after, for example, one attempt.

This is a major failure. 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

A jump being measured by where the hair of the athlete landed :facepalm:

I mean, that's right and everything, but it is just impossible to do that all by hand and the naked eye, no way it is accurate enough to give a result with centimeters.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

33 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

A jump being measured by where the hair of the athlete landed :facepalm:

I mean, that's right and everything, but it is just impossible to do that all by hand and the naked eye, no way it is accurate enough to give a result with centimeters.. 

That's nothing compared to discus which barely leaves a mark anyway. And on top of that, the measurers quite often watch it hit the ground while standing 4 or 5 meters away...

#banbestmen

Lots of middle distance medals decided in the Cross Country this morning, here's a summary:

:KEN Kenya (3 gold, 1 silver)

:ETH Ethiopia (1 gold, 2 silver, 3 bronze)

:UGA Uganda (1 gold, 1 bronze)

:BDI Burundi (1 gold)

:AUS Australia (1 silver)

:FRA France (1 silver)

:MAR Morocco (1 silver)

:ERI Eritrea (1 bronze)

:SRI Sri Lanka (1 bronze)