website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

11 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

in Egypt our NOC counted medals our players got in mixed international events to total medals Egypt got is this true that IOC will count medals in mixed international events in each country medals tally ? , they even counted 2 medals Egyptian players got in Gymnastics with Max Whitlock and Oksana teams :d

Our NOC is doing the same (our mixed NOC equestrian medal is our only medal so far!) But whilst the athlete wins a medal it is not officially attributed to any specific NOC so it is very cheeky for NOCs to claim them.

29 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Originally I was happy with their coverage, but know I have a lot of questions. I know the OBS has the budget to broadcast all sports, so I don’t know what they were thinking

I did write to them when I was frustrated when I can't see women's 53 kg in weightlifting, and they replied:

Thank you for contacting the Olympic Channel about YOG live streams and we hear your frustration.

The Olympic Channel is streaming all events that the Host Broadcaster and IOC are producing. Unfortunately, production is not available to us for all 239 YOG events. If you do not see your desired event listed, then a live stream is not available. Although we realize it is not the same as watching competition, we will provide coverage of all sports at the YOG, including those without live streams, via highlights on our 24/7 YOG Channel.

Hope this helps and enjoy the Games.

Hope this answers :lol:

2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

I did write to them when I was frustrated when I can't see women's 53 kg in weightlifting, and they replied:

Thank you for contacting the Olympic Channel about YOG live streams and we hear your frustration.

The Olympic Channel is streaming all events that the Host Broadcaster and IOC are producing. Unfortunately, production is not available to us for all 239 YOG events. If you do not see your desired event listed, then a live stream is not available. Although we realize it is not the same as watching competition, we will provide coverage of all sports at the YOG, including those without live streams, via highlights on our 24/7 YOG Channel.

Hope this helps and enjoy the Games.

Hope this answers :lol:

And after that reply, I tried to become a d**k by spamming Olympic Channel streams with: "If they can't broadcast more sports we will only have 5 sports live in Dakar 2022."

One Indian user thought I was serious :lol:

8 minutes ago, uk12points said:

Our NOC is doing the same (our mixed NOC equestrian medal is our only medal so far!) But whilst the athlete wins a medal it is not officially attributed to any specific NOC so it is very cheeky for NOCs to claim them.

also SA gymnastics federation claimed a gold medal for them through the same mixed international gymnastics teams competition , i'm really sad about this how come u equal an athlete that wins a medal among his /her elite competitors from his age and another that was just lucky enough to be in a good team to win a medal , the main problem comes from IOC that they didn't put an official medals table to this games like this would make the world more peace and happy :d

3 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

also SA gymnastics federation claimed a gold medal for them through the same mixed international gymnastics teams competition , i'm really sad about this how come u equal an athlete that wins a medal among his /her elite competitors from his age and another that was just lucky enough to be in a good team to win a medal , the main problem comes from IOC that they didn't put an official medals table to this games like this would make the world more peace and happy :d

IOC has a table here: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/youth-olympic-games-2018/medals/ and they are keeping mixed medals separate. 

In the new BMX Freestyle event that will debut in Tokyo :GER Germany have just won the Women's event, :ARG second, :JPN Japan third.

Now the men have to compete and the combined rankings will determine the medallists! Another fantastically pointless IOC team event

Edited by uk12points

hace 4 minutos, uk12points said:

In the new BMX Freestyle event that will debut in Tokyo :GER Germany have just won gold in the Women's event, :ARG silver, :JPN Japan bronze.

In our tv they talk like it's a mixed event, that is, that the scored of the boy and girl of each country is added and there is one set of medals to be awarded.

Just now, LDOG said:

In our tv they talk like it's a mixed event, that is, that the scored of the boy and girl of each country is added and there is one set of medals to be awarded.

Yeah I've got that wrong, thought it was just BMX racing that was mixed teams. So no medals just for women but Germany, Argentina and Japan are the only countries that can now win medals in the mixed team event anyway!

hace 12 minutos, uk12points said:

Yeah I've got that wrong, thought it was just BMX racing that was mixed teams. So no medals just for women but Germany, Argentina and Japan are the only countries that can now win medals in the mixed team event anyway!

The color if medals will probably not change either, the german boy is very superior to the rest and the argentinian boy is also clear second :p