website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

The award for worst mixed team event (in a very competitive field) surely has to go to the new Mixed Youth Team BMX Race.

Not only is it conducted as 2 individual competitions - 1 for men and women each. The reuslts website doesn't even acknowledge a final combined ranking. And the interaction between team members is non existant, simply win points for a combined team score.

And what has the result been.... it has denied :LAT Latvia and :ECU Ecuador of medals they would have won had it been separate individual events. BMX is already 'youth' and 'exciting' enough without the need for a confusing mixed team event that has resulted in neither of the event winners taking home a gold medal!!!

Yeah cycling has been pretty terrible in terms of Youth Olympics since 2010. There's no need for combined/mixed events. They can easily have boys and girls events. 16 for BMX (plus the 9 for freestyle), 16 for mountain bike and 24 for road, it's not that difficult

A few days ago when I made a schedule for myself, there was supposed to be an artistic gymnastics team competition yesterday, now it's nowhere to be found on any day. What's up with that?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So Dutch Vicky lost, won and lost in the breakdancing, yet still managed to qualify for quarter finals :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

51 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

A few days ago when I made a schedule for myself, there was supposed to be an artistic gymnastics team competition yesterday, now it's nowhere to be found on any day. What's up with that?

I guess that they combined artistic+aerobic+rhythmic :p

How do you DNF in fencing (boys sabre)? :p

R0x9Ml5.png

+1 for graphics actually showing the weight during the attempt :)

Spoiler

EAupbKE.png

Next step would be to show the current standings plus number of attempts left (mostly in CJ) plus where succeeding in the current attempt would bring the athlete.