website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

what's the qualification rule in Artistic Gymnastics ? they finished the Pommel Horse competition but the PDF document says we will know the finalists after the end of all qualification events !! I assume there is something like one gymnast can't qualify for more 2-3 finals, right ?

btw surprisingly for me. our gymnast finished 5th in Pommel Horse so I assume no matter what he will be in the final. huge surprise for me !

24 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what's the qualification rule in Artistic Gymnastics ? they finished the Pommel Horse competition but the PDF document says we will know the finalists after the end of all qualification events !! I assume there is something like one gymnast can't qualify for more 2-3 finals, right ?

btw surprisingly for me. our gymnast finished 5th in Pommel Horse so I assume no matter what he will be in the final. huge surprise for me !

Nope, surprisingly that is not the case. The top 8 qualify for the finals regardless if they qualified for 6 or 1 finals.

32 minutes ago, MHSN said:

It's probably the same rule of the previous YOG. A gymnast MUST compete in all apparatus in order to qualify for any final. So if your gymnast somehow doesn't start in one of the other apparatus, he won't qualify for the final in Pommel Horse. Crazy, I know...

That was quite a match :bowdown:  full of passion that's what I enjoy to watch. the celebration of Argentinian players (and also fans) after the equalizer was like winning a World Cup or something like that.

this was the best competition of today for me. only if FIFA seriously develops the women's futsal , then this sport can deserve a place in the Olympics.

So Mexico got its first medal, a bronze in taekwondo, so no surprise there.

On the other hand, quite glad with our girl's hockey team drawing with Poland, and Paulina Vargas finishing 10th in women's floor.

Big dissapointment by our shooter in boy's air rifle and our swim team. Just hope Carolina Guevara qualify to the semis in her individual events.

1 hora atrás, vinipereira disse:

It's probably the same rule of the previous YOG. A gymnast MUST compete in all apparatus in order to qualify for any final. So if your gymnast somehow doesn't start in one of the other apparatus, he won't qualify for the final in Pommel Horse. Crazy, I know...

Yes, this is it.

I'm really surprised with the Iranian gymnast qualifying in 5th. This is the most unpredictable apparatus in men's artistic gymnastics, so there's a decent chance the Iranian boy can walk away with a medal.