website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

By the way, these competition times are as close to perfect as anything is ever gonna be for me :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

What's a B-Boy and a B-Girl? Have I missed something in the recent social discussions? :p

https://www.buenosaires2018.com/results/en/breaking/daily-schedule-date=2018-10-07.htm

Bad boys and bad girls, obviously.

Spoiler

Actually it's break-dancing boys and break-dancing girls. :rofl:

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Bad boys and bad girls, obviously.

Hide contents

Actually it's break-dancing boys and break-dancing girls. :rofl:

Then why are the athletes in judo not called J-Boys and J-Girls?! This smells fishy as, I don't know, fish!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

:wVAN: Led in by their boys hockey 5s captain,21 member contingent of Vanuatu will also compete in beach volleyball and athletics... But the ones to be watched are the 2 hockey 5s team... Having a team larger than many nations including Serbia and Denmark is great... And they are one of the watchable teams on the 1st competition day in hockey 5s...if it's shown by the Olympics channel.... 

:SRI will have 13 athletes (Archery 1, Athletics 4, Badminton 1, Basketball 4, Gymnastics 1, Shooting 1, Swimming 1). 

This is the most ever, which is surprising as this was the first Youth Olympics the country was not eligible for wild card/tripartie spots. All athletes qualified or received an unused quota spot. The medal hopes lie with two athletes in track and field. Their 2000m girls' steeplechase runner is 3rd ranked in the world and their boys' high jumper is ranked tied for fourth. Hopefully they win their first ever Youth Olympics medal!

Edited by intoronto

Dutch NOS says 'Youth Olympics, dafuq is that?'

María Vicente, spanish flagbearer.

I am shocked by our Olympic Comitee taking this lowkey serious and making fancy portraits of all the delegation:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/152845460@N03/sets/72157698782540072/with/31198657818/

did it too in 2014, but they don't do it for the actual Olympics, I really don't get it, but at least they do something....