website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

:CAN:MEX qualified in men's trampoline, :USA:MEX qualified in women's trampoline.

I think those are just prelim results.

Plus, Argentina is guaranteed a spot in either gender, if they decide to use it.

5 minutos atrás, mrv86 disse:

I think those are just prelim results.

Plus, Argentina is guaranteed a spot in either gender, if they decide to use it.

But YOG qualification is based on preliminaries, and I don't think Argentina has a guaranteed quota in trampoline. I might be wrong, though.

EDIT: I was wrong. Argentina has to choose whether to send a boy or a girl, so Mexico will lose one quota.

Edited by thiago_simoes

13 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

But YOG qualification is based on preliminaries, and I don't think Argentina has a guaranteed quota in trampoline. I might be wrong, though.

EDIT: I was wrong. Argentina has to choose whether to send a boy or a girl, so Mexico will lose one quota.

Then I misread qualification document, but for sure Mexico will lose a quota.

On 6/17/2018 at 00:12, thiago_simoes said:

:USA:BRA:CAN:ECU:ARG:PUR:VEN qualified in men's artistic gymnastics.

I'm shocked with Colombia failing to qualify both in men's and women's artistic gymnastics. At least they qualified in rhythmics.

Chile failed to qualify in all four disciplines so far (acrobatics, rhythmics, men's artistic and women's artistic) and it is highly unlikely they will qualify in trampoline. This is surely going to increase tension between the two competing gymnastics federations in the country, which in turn could cause disastrous results for current gymnasts. 

And what a huge accomplishment for Costa Rica to qualify a gymnast in women's artistic gymnastics. Granted, they qualified because the US chose not to use their quota and Panama was not allowed to qualify one of their gymnasts according to the rules, but it is still huge for Costa Rica to place ahead of Colombia, for example.

:rofl:China has qualified a athlete in every gymnastics event at the youth Olympics 2018 and I suppose they will win the most number of medals in gymnastics.