website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

9 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

When will the wrestling quotas be reallocated. The PDF says 2 weeks within all Continental tournaments the qualified nations should confirm its quota .So May 27 was the last day of qualifying. No deadline posted by uww. 

I imagine they have been reallocated, just that the general public doesn't know. Though with some searching you can find some results. Japan for example will select the girls' -57 and -73kg events. Sadly the UWW didn't publish the match between the third place nations so I don't know who gets the other three spots.

On 6/10/2018 at 19:27, JoshMartini007 said:

I imagine they have been reallocated, just that the general public doesn't know. Though with some searching you can find some results. Japan for example will select the girls' -57 and -73kg events. Sadly the UWW didn't publish the match between the third place nations so I don't know who gets the other three spots.

Thanks a lot. I think some of the qualifiers are clear with the Japanese choosing their two. In 43 kg India may have got 3rd place since there is a world cadet bronze medal in this category for India .In 49 kg results are awaited but Kazakshthan may get a quota. In 57 kg I'm not sure .In 65 kg again India may have won the quota comfortably in the form of current world cadet champion. If Wrestling Federation of India has to choose it may drop 57 kg as the chances of winning gold is difficult. 

:CAN:ARG:BRA:MEX:PUR:GUA:CRC qualified girls in women's artistic gymnastics.

The US did not try to qualify, despite winning the all-around title at the Pan Am Championships. Panama had an outstanding competition placing two gymnasts among the best, but they cannot qualify for the YOG because both gymnasts were born in 2004, and only gymnasts born in 2003 can qualify. Stupid, stupid, stupid rule. Poor Panama.

Edited by thiago_simoes

:USA:BRA:CAN:ECU:ARG:PUR:VEN qualified in men's artistic gymnastics.

I'm shocked with Colombia failing to qualify both in men's and women's artistic gymnastics. At least they qualified in rhythmics.

Chile failed to qualify in all four disciplines so far (acrobatics, rhythmics, men's artistic and women's artistic) and it is highly unlikely they will qualify in trampoline. This is surely going to increase tension between the two competing gymnastics federations in the country, which in turn could cause disastrous results for current gymnasts. 

And what a huge accomplishment for Costa Rica to qualify a gymnast in women's artistic gymnastics. Granted, they qualified because the US chose not to use their quota and Panama was not allowed to qualify one of their gymnasts according to the rules, but it is still huge for Costa Rica to place ahead of Colombia, for example.

5 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

:USA:BRA:CAN:ECU:ARG:PUR:VEN qualified in men's artistic gymnastics.

I'm shocked with Colombia failing to qualify both in men's and women's artistic gymnastics. At least they qualified in rhythmics.

Chile failed to qualify in all four disciplines so far (acrobatics, rhythmics, men's artistic and women's artistic) and it is highly unlikely they will qualify in trampoline. This is surely going to increase tension between the two competing gymnastics federations in the country, which in turn could cause disastrous results for current gymnasts. 

And what a huge accomplishment for Costa Rica to qualify a gymnast in women's artistic gymnastics. Granted, they qualified because the US chose not to use their quota and Panama was not allowed to qualify one of their gymnasts according to the rules, but it is still huge for Costa Rica to place ahead of Colombia, for example.

Who for Ecuador ?