website statistics

Summer Youth Olympic Games 2018

Gianlu33

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Here are the nations that will compete in dancesport (break dancing)

B-Boys: :ARG:AUS:BEL:CAN:CHN:FRA:ITA:JPN:POL:RUS:RSA:TPE

B-Girls: :ARG:AUT:CAN:CYP:FRA:ITA:JPN:LAT:NED:RUS:KOR:USA

I read that the US does not intend to send kids in non-Olympic sports if we reach the team limit, so I would expect one reallocation there. I am quite surprised by the composition of the field though, it will be interesting. I watched a little of the competition and the standard seems pretty much par with the professional breakdancing I’ve seen.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

25 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Break dancing :roflmao: :roflmao: When you think things can't get more absurd.. :rolleyes:

Right cause Curling, Archery, and Shooting are Sports :mumble:. If you would watch Breaking, or try it. You would know how technical it is. You have to be in pretty good shape as well

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Em 5/23/2018 at 09:37, JoshMartini007 disse:

Looks like FIG gave Namibia a spot in artistic gymnastics despite their athlete only competing in the vault.

Link

Thank you for the link. So, Sri Lanka has qualified a girl in Artistic Gymnastics! I was wrong about the previous results. Nice to know such a small nation was still able to qualify! 

On 29/05/2018 at 01:51, thiago_simoes said:

Thank you for the link. So, Sri Lanka has qualified a girl in Artistic Gymnastics! I was wrong about the previous results. Nice to know such a small nation was still able to qualify! 

Good for them! That is the third sport they have qualified in for the first time ever (in both the Youth and Summer Olympics).