website statistics

Rugby Discussion Thread

OlympicIRL

59 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Algeria were champions of the 2nd level of African rugby last year and will play in the top level of the 2019 African Championship in July

• 2 months later...

Our team is a disaster. I can't believe we are playing this bad, Jaguares was great this year and this should be the strongest squad of Argentina in history but somehow they look like idiots with the NT shirt on. 

• 3 weeks later...

I love the amount of effort Asian countries have been putting into hosting events. During the Winter Olympics, Korea had their students do a bunch of traditional things for other countries too:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2019 at 23:32, Olympian1010 said:

I love the amount of effort Asian countries have been putting into hosting events. During the Winter Olympics, Korea had their students do a bunch of traditional things for other countries too:

Heck I was almost in tears because they passionately learn others' national anthems to welcome every team

I wish I could join them

• 3 months later...

The South American Rugby Super League (yes it's rugby union) will debut in late February.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Súper_Liga_Americana_de_Rugby_2020

The 6 teams will be Ceibos (Argentina), Corinhians (Brazil), Selknam (Chile), Cafeteros (Colombia), Olimpia (Paraguay), and Peñarol (Uruguay).

Ceibos is based in Córdoba. Selknam and Cafeteros are basically national teams. The other three are football clubs.

All teams but Cafeteros will play a double round robin. The top four teams will play semis and final, whereas the bottom ranked team will play Cafeteros.

Edited by NaBUru38

• 6 months later...