website statistics

Road Cycling 2016 Discussion Thread

bestmen

The swedish rider Jonas Ahlstrand was part of the crash, and tells a little about it here: http://www.svt.se/sport/cykel/jag-har-lurat-doden-tva-ganger/

I just hope that this finally makes UCI see that something has to be done. It should have been before, but now there should be no way around it.

1 hour ago, Agger said:

The swedish rider Jonas Ahlstrand was part of the crash, and tells a little about it here: http://www.svt.se/sport/cykel/jag-har-lurat-doden-tva-ganger/

I just hope that this finally makes UCI see that something has to be done. It should have been before, but now there should be no way around it.

It's so sad when someone literally has to die for a change to happen...

#banbestmen

One of the highlights of the cycling year is underway since a couple of hours: the Tour of Flanders/Ronde van Vlaanderen/Vlaanderens Mooiste/Flanders' Most Beautiful or as it is mostly known, simply "De Ronde" ("The Tour") :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Well that's the end of the classics for Greg van Avermaet. I know the Belgian commentators react quite emotionally to these things usually, but this time they even cursed ("god damn it").

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Tiesj Benoot was already out. If Tom Boonen falls as well, the Belgian tv will probably stop the live report :p 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

One of the highlights of the cycling year is underway since a couple of hours: the Tour of Flanders/Ronde van Vlaanderen/Vlaanderens Mooiste/Flanders' Most Beautiful or as it is mostly known, simply "De Ronde" ("The Tour") :)

Finally :clap:

already missed some of action. Van Avermaet :( just watched the action on replay, must say that I never seen such crash of almost the whole team like the BMC did it here :lol: but really sad abut the consequences :(

I wonder if Maya is still a podium girl in this race?:d