website statistics

Men's Baseball CEB European Championship 2016

goofy900

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if WBSC doesn't change the rules, the only qualifying tournament for the Olympic Games 2020 will be the Premier 12 2019...

but if you want to qualify for that, you have to sum up points in the World Ranking in each and every event (youth competitions included) of each and every season from now until the end of the 2019 season (only the top 12 teams of the World Ranking at September 2019 will be invited to the Premier 12 of that year - it will be held in November)...

so, these Europeans are not directly useful to qualify, but they are very important in any case, since it's the best chance for Italy and the Kingdom of the Netherlands to earn a lot of points in the World Ranking in just 1 single event...

41 minutes ago, phelps said:

if WBSC doesn't change the rules, the only qualifying tournament for the Olympic Games 2020 will be the Premier 12 2019...

but if you want to qualify for that, you have to sum up points in the World Ranking in each and every event (youth competitions included) of each and every season from now until the end of the 2019 season (only the top 12 teams of the World Ranking at September 2019 will be invited to the Premier 12 of that year - it will be held in November)...

so, these Europeans are not directly useful to qualify, but they are very important in any case, since it's the best chance for Italy and the Kingdom of the Netherlands to earn a lot of points in the World Ranking in just 1 single event...

Are Italy and the Netherlands still the two main nations in European baseball? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Are Italy and the Netherlands still the two main nations in European baseball? 

Yes, if they play with their best North American (for Italy) and Antillan (for the Netherlands) born players...

for what concerns the Europeans 2016, Italy for sure won't show up as good as they could, since we lack almost all of our best pitchers (other than our MLB/Triple A stars, of course...but those were never to be considered for this tournament...they play for Italy only at the World Baseball Classic)...

I'm not sure we can put the Dutch title in danger this time...and I wouldn't underestimate Spain...in the right day, they also can be "tricky" for both Italy and the Netherlands (more against Italy, to be honest)...

p.s. I also read that unfortunately only the Dutch team's games will be covered by TV (Ziggo will show them live)...

I'm not sure even if there will be some streaming available for the other games (according to the Italian federation there won't be any)...:facepalm::wall:

Edited by phelps

3 minutes ago, phelps said:

Yes, if they play with their best North American (for Italy) and Antillan (for the Netherlands) born players...

for what concerns the Europeans 2016, Italy for sure won't show up as good as they could, since we lack almost all of our best pitchers (other than our MLB/Triple A stars, of course...but those were never to be considered for this tournament...they play for Italy only at the World Baseball Classic)...

I'm not sure we can put the Dutch title in danger this time...and I wouldn't underestimate Spain...in the right day, they also can be "tricky" for both Italy and the Netherlands (more against Italy, to be honest)...

p.s. I also read that unfortunately only the Dutch team's games will be covered by TV (Ziggo will show them live)...

I'm not sure even if there will be some streaming available for the other games (according to the Italian federation there won't be any)...:facepalm::wall:

Well to be fair, probably like 5 people will watch the Dutch team's games on Ziggo (which is a paid sports channel and only has quite a lot of subscribers because of Verstappen in F1 and because they have the rights to most top European football leagues, boring as that might be :p ). I can understand they're not showing the rest because basically nobody would watch it. 

Do we, as Dutch, even have some decent MLB players who we can use here?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!