website statistics

Sport Climbing 2016 Discussion Thread

carivan

I like this sport but making it a combined makes no sense. Should have been lead and speed but maybe it would have been too much, considering the 4 skateboarding and 8 karate events.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

Of all new sports, sports climbing is definitely the best addition in my opinion :)

Completely different than all other sports and not some X-Games "let's just have some fun and don't care about medals" kind of sport. 

This whole combined thing is just weird, but alright.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutes ago, Jur said:

The combined event is like Omnium in track, maybe it would work.

The main difference is that Omnium is part of the World Championship while the combined isn't. Though I guess they have four years to make it an event, but it looks like the 2016 World Championship won't have a combined event. IMO I think speed would have been the most interesting event to showcase.

I think the IOC went overboard in trying to get as many events possible with only a 500 athlete limit. Skatboarding and surfing is fine (20 per event) though the other three would have liked more athletes.

Edited by JoshMartini007