web
analytics
Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MantaRaymarc

Rowing 2016 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

FISA is proposing that countries can compete in a maximum 10-12 (out of 14) events at the Olympics moving forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entry list for Latin American regatta is out. Big change is that from this Olympics a country can qualify only one boat per gender here. And that's quite good actually because we will no longer see the likes of Argentina or Mexico taking all four of these "gift quotas". Yes, these continental quotas in rowing are really gifts.

 

It's just so odd to see some small Carribean Island nations competing here! :VIN:BAH:BER

 

http://www.worldrowing.com/mm//Document/General/General/12/23/33/EntriesbyBoatNameValparaisoOQR140316_Neutral.pdf

Edited by dcro

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2016 at 2:04 AM, intoronto said:

FISA is proposing that countries can compete in a maximum 10-12 (out of 14) events at the Olympics moving forward. 

Any reason for that besides weakening the overall fields?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dcro said:

Entry list for Latin American regatta is out. Big change is that from this Olympics a country can qualify only one boat per gender here. And that's quite good actually because we will no longer see the likes of Argentina or Mexico taking all four of these "gift quotas". Yes, these continental quotas in rowing are really gifts.

 

It's just so odd to see some small Carribean Island nations competing here! :VIN:BAH:BER

 

http://www.worldrowing.com/mm//Document/General/General/12/23/33/EntriesbyBoatNameValparaisoOQR140316_Neutral.pdf

 

What if Cuba has already claimed a spot in the men's lightweight double sculls, knowing that Angel Fournier also competes in the men's single sculls with a top six finish at the Worlds? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

 

What if Cuba has already claimed a spot in the men's lightweight double sculls, knowing that Angel Fournier also competes in the men's single sculls with a top six finish at the Worlds? 

he can't compete in lightweight dobule sculls,because he is not lightweight rower :d

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Any reason for that besides weakening the overall fields?

 

Obviously they are thinking about having more nations competing and more nations on podiums.


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dcro said:

 

Obviously they are thinking about having more nations competing and more nations on podiums.

That's a shame to do it like that, especially if that would mean the Olympic champions aren't the best in their class but only are lucky to not have to compete against stronger competitors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MantaRaymarc said:

 

What if Cuba has already claimed a spot in the men's lightweight double sculls, knowing that Angel Fournier also competes in the men's single sculls with a top six finish at the Worlds? 


Fournier qualified at the WCh, so Cuba is eligible to qualify lightweight sculls here.


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heywoodu said:

That's a shame to do it like that, especially if that would mean the Olympic champions aren't the best in their class but only are lucky to not have to compete against stronger competitors. 

 

Yes, I agree with that.


All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...