website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

7 hours ago, Rdbc said:

Hey, very new on here and just wanted to say hi to the fellow Americans on here! Hoping we can make this US National Team forum more active. 

I'm not american but welcome in totallympic :cheer: See you soon in the international sections :d 

8 hours ago, Rdbc said:

Hey, very new on here and just wanted to say hi to the fellow Americans on here! Hoping we can make this US National Team forum more active. 

Welcome :d 

And like Gianlu said, feel free to post in all parts of the forum :old:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2017 at 20:45, Rdbc said:

Hey what's up Man.  Good to see another American on here ? I'm max from l.a.    

12 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Hey what's up Man.  Good to see another American on here ? I'm max from l.a.    

Hello, my name is Rian I'm from Seattle. Glad to meet!

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Another west coaster, nice, i've been to seattle few months ago, i loved it (i stopped there on the way down to eugene for the Pre-Fontaine Classic)

Very cool hopefully it was not raining! 

• 4 months later...

:USA  Team USA 2018 - Winter Olympics :USA

Curling Preview

Men's Team

The U.S. Men's curling team has won 2 bronze medals (1992, 2006) This year it's up in the air where the team will finish. A 3rd or 4th place finish would be great.

The 2018 U.S. Olympic Men's Curling team will be lead by John Shuster who will skip for the team, John has been to three Olympic Games (2006, 2010, 2014) while winning the bronze medal at the 2006 games in Turin (playing in the lead position). Shusters 2014 teammate John Landsteiner and 2006 teammate Joe Polo with both make their second Olympic appearance while Tyler George (vice skip) and Matt Hamilton (second) will make their rookie appearances. 

RMH_0948 (1).jpg

Women's Team

The U.S. Women's Curling team has yet to medal at an Olympics Games. As 4 of the 5 are making their debuts these games might just be a game for Olympic experience.

The 2018 U.S. Olympic Men's Curling team will be lead by two time national champion Nina Roth. All five members will be making their Olympic debuts. Roth is teamed up with Tabith Peterson, Aileen Gevin, Becca Hamilton and Cory Christensen. The team finished fifth at the 2017 World Women's Championship and has had a strong 2017-18 season. 

DSC_8757.jpg.bd1c246b34bedaedf72602abfd2154b4.jpg

Mixed Doubles

As Mixed Doubles will be making it's Olympic debut it is uncertain where the U.S. team will place.

Matt Hamilton and Becca Hamilton won the 2018 U.S. Mixed Doubles Team Trials, they will be competing in this event and along with their respected Men and Women team event. 

download.jpg.bb545dbdcfc103ed16dbe7d08f4efbf5.jpg

P.S. This is my first real post on Totallympics so I hope it's good enough. I'll try and finish all the previews before the games start!

Edited by Rdbc

:USA  Team USA 2018 - Winter Olympics :USA

Luge Preview

Men's Singles

Out of the 3 men Tucker and Chris are the most likely to medal at these games but the chances of that are unlikely. 

Taylor Morris

This will be Taylor's Olympic debut. Taylor has won a bronze medal in Lake Placid World Cup sprint race this season. Taylor is currently ranked 28th in the World.

Tucker West

This will be Tucker's 2nd Olympic games after finishing 22nd at the 2014 games. Tucker is ranked 18th in the World.

Chris Mazdzer 

This will be Chris's 3rd Olympic games after finishing 13th in 2010 and 13th in 2014. Chris is currently ranked 22nd in the World.

Women's Singles

These Women's Singles have a good chance at getting a medal at these Olympic games as long as we keep up with the Germans. 

Summer Britcher

This will be Summer's 2nd Olympic games after finishing 15th in 2014. Summer is coming in with a lot of momentum after finishing with a gold medal at Lilliehammer in the World Cup. Summer currently sits 3rd in the 2017-18 Luge World Cup

Erin Hamlin

This will be Erin's 4th Olympic games after finishing with a bronze in 2014, 16th in 2010 and 12th in 2006. This season Erin has won a Bronze in Winterberg and Silver in Winterberg Sprint.

Emily Sweeny

This will be Emily's first Olympic games, this season she won the Gold in Winterberg Sprint race. 

Doubles

Luge_qualifying_graphic_121517.jpg.857c9ef992f483f1f6959dde2fb033e4.jpg

Matt and Jayson could possibly medal at these Olympic Games, they will need to dominate watch out for the Germans.

Matt Mortensen & Jayson Terdiman

Both Matt and Jayson will be making their second trip to the Olympics but the last trip they competed with different partners. Terdiman finishing 11th and Mortensen finishing 14th. Matt and Jayson are currently 5th place in the 2017-18 Luge World Cup Season. 

Andrew Sherk & Justin Krewson

This will be both Andrew and Justin's first Olympic Games, they are currently ranked 18th in the World Cup standings.

Team Relay

teamrelay_012917_800x400.jpg.44f97823de133c9a01e7baa2a46af7c4.jpg

The U.S. Relay Team currently sits 4th in the World, so a medal at these Olympics is possible!