website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

12 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

The whole "EDITING" thing is so stupid. The last worlds in athletics and gymnastics were live on olympic channel/nbc sports net (i dont remember which) with the regular nbc announcers. Didn't need editing

Yes.. those were live, not taped for primetime.  If they have a chance to edit, they will.  Swimming obviously won't have that since the finals will be live.  Hopefully some of the track & field finals as well, especially the ones in US primetime.  But gymnastics will likely be heavily edited.  NBC will want to present the routines they believe the audience will want to see, not necessarily whoever they happen to be on live.  And if you do want to watch it live, it will be on the app (likely with individual feeds from each apparatus).  May not be the NBC commentators, but tough for them to follow everything at once if they don't have to.

2 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

No way, LeBron sat last one out, i'm sure he will come up with an excuse. Curry is injured for the year i think he will rehab and the warriors wont let him go to Tokyo. USA should be just fine as long as most other names will show up like Davis, George, Kawaii, Harden, Kyrie, Westbrook

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

No way, LeBron sat last one out, i'm sure he will come up with an excuse. Curry is injured for the year i think he will rehab and the warriors wont let him go to Tokyo. USA should be just fine as long as most other names will show up like Davis, George, Kawaii, Harden, Kyrie, Westbrook

Low key, we should just send our best high school players to see many countries they could still beat :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Low key, we should just send our best high school players to see many countries they could still beat :p

They couldn't even win the world cup with second tier nba players. Maybe WNBA, but Basketball came up a long way and the other countries caught up to us.

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I actually think LeBron will play unless the Lakers win the NBA title.

24 minutes ago, bmo said:

I actually think LeBron will play unless the Lakers win the NBA title.

So LeBron won’t play then :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Clippers will win the title, so he will

I’ve never been a fan of either team (Go Bucks!), so I’ll just stay clear of this rivalry :cool:

3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve never been a fan of either team (Go Bucks!), so I’ll just stay clear of this rivalry :cool:

Oh i'm not a Clippers fan, i was always a Lakers fan (before LeBron) however objectively speaking clippers does have a better team, with a prime Kawaii and George, and they beat the lakers twice already.