website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

38 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No, I was honestly trying to be helpful :cool:

I’ve been to quite a few different international events, so that’s why I asked. 

I didn’t media accreditation by the way. Unfortunately, the Pan America climbing qualifiers are on the same weekend at a venue only 15 minutes away :facepalm:. I’ll be there amongst the media. It will probably be just me, and a few other niche outlets. 

Well just want to represent team usa.   Nothing too crazy

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Well just want to represent team usa.   Nothing too crazy

That’s what I wanted to know :d

I’d just go with a simple USA shirt, maybe a jersey. If you’ve got a flag lying around, you might want to bring that. You can also generally buy event shirts/team shirts at the event, so that’s an option as well. 

If you want to be festive, and not out there, maybe just try to dress completely in red, white, blue...

USA Rugby fans are known for being on the rowdy side from what I’ve read (at least relative to other US sports fans), so I’d be prepared for that. 

Are you going alone, or bringing your family?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s what I wanted to know :d

I’d just go with a simple USA shirt, maybe a jersey. If you’ve got a flag lying around, you might want to bring that. You can also generally buy event shirts/team shirts at the event, so that’s an option as well. 

If you want to be festive, and not out there, maybe just try to dress completely in red, white, blue...

USA Rugby fans are known for being on the rowdy side from what I’ve read (at least relative to other US sports fans), so I’d be prepared for that. 

Are you going alone, or bringing your family?

I am going alone.  But a buddy might come on day 2.  I do have 2 flags.  One is hanging on the wall.  But the one I can bring is torn a bit that's why I retired it.   Not very respectable to bring.   

19 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

I am going alone.  But a buddy might come on day 2.  I do have 2 flags.  One is hanging on the wall.  But the one I can bring is torn a bit that's why I retired it.   Not very respectable to bring.   

Yeah, I wouldn’t bring a torn flag no matter what country it is. I’d say just put on some US stuff, and get ready for two awesome days of rugby. I really wish I could be there, so have fun.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@Maxim Fastovsky the US Olympic Trials for Table Tennis are in Santa Monica this year. Unfortunately they’re on the same freaking weekend as the Rugby and Climbing events! What kind of scheduling is this?

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@Maxim Fastovsky the US Olympic Trials for Table Tennis are in Santa Monica this year. Unfortunately they’re on the same freaking weekend as the Rugby and Climbing events! What kind of scheduling is this?

That's nothing.. somehow they managed to schedule swimming, gymnastics, and track & field all on the same freaking weekend.  

24 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

That's nothing.. somehow they managed to schedule swimming, gymnastics, and track & field all on the same freaking weekend.  

But in the same town/metro area, on the same days, at the same hours?

19 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

It's not really far from each other, Rugby in carson, climbing by lax, table tennis in santa monica, it's same area, better then me figuring out how to get to anaheim for volleyball in la2028 and being able to see 3 more events downtown

1 minute ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

It's not really far from each other, Rugby in carson, climbing by lax, table tennis in santa monica, it's same area, better then me figuring out how to get to anaheim for volleyball in la2028 and being able to see 3 more events downtown

True. I might have the media shuttles by then though, so not a problem for me :d (or I’ll be a volunteer)