website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

6 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

We have qualified a Woman's archery place for the Olympics at the Pan American Games, if the mixed team wins the gold medal against Colombia we will also get a 2nd men's place. 

No, the men’s quota would be reallocated.  A NOC can either qualify a team of 3 per gender, or 1 athlete per gender (even if they win a Mixed Team quota)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

No, the men’s quota would be reallocated.  A NOC can either qualify a team of 3 per gender, or 1 athlete per gender (even if they win a Mixed Team quota)

Oh, Olympic qualifying quotas are too confusing for me :mad:

Just now, Rdbc said:

Oh, Olympic qualifying quotas are too confusing for me :mad:

That’s why Totallympics Media has @Vojthas. He breaks it all down for us. Plus, if he’s confused we have a lawyer, so...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

USA men’s fistball team will play their first match tomorrow at the World Championships against the Brazil. It should be a good match. You can catch it on the Olympic Channel or Fistball.tv

@bmo Have you ever seen Fistball?

We lost our first match to an impressive Brazilian Team 11:6, 11:4, 11:6

18 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

USA men’s fistball team will play their first match tomorrow at the World Championships against the Brazil. It should be a good match. You can catch it on the Olympic Channel or Fistball.tv

@bmo Have you ever seen Fistball?

No but I have heard of it

Just now, bmo said:

No but I have heard of it

Really? Didn’t expect that. Well it was a rough start for the US today. You can find a replay of the match on the Olympic Channel of your interested.

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, NearPup said:

So hi guys. I’m American now :D

Citizen? Refugee? Visitor? 

Just now, NearPup said:

Citizen, as of today.

Oh cool. Where do you live currently? Not in California I’m assuming.