website statistics

United States National Thread

wpwells

• 2 weeks later...

:USA Road to Tokyo 2020 United States :USA

September 9th, 2018  

TEAM UPDATE 

mcphailbronze.jpg.da6df645e0e440b471701c55092cbc8c.jpg

Who Qualified for Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics?

Shooting (50m Rifle Three Positions Men)

How Did They Qualify?

2018 World Championships

Background...

Michael McPhail was able to get us the quota place for Tokyo 2020. He won a gold medal in the 50m Rifle Prone Event at the 2011 Pan American Games and competed in the 50m Rifle Prone Event at the 2012 Olympics where he placed 9th. 

What Does Our USA Tokyo 2020 Olympic Team Look Like?

Softball (15 Athletes)

Sailing (4 Athletes - NOT FINALIZED) 

Shooting (1 Athlete - NOT FINALIZED) 

Iris Wang.png

Exhibition Match.jpg

I just thought I’d throw this here because it is a cool moment, even I was 11 months old when 9/11 happened.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I just thought I’d throw this here because it is a cool moment, even though  I was 11 months old when 9/11 happened. 

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

51 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I was 11 months old when 9/11 happened.

Dang, I was only 6 months old it's crazy some kids were not even born when it happened but then I have to think I didn't remember it when I was 6 months old. 

• 2 months later...

Whoa... I'm back!

Sorry for being inactive for about 2 1/2 months I was super busy with work (seasonal job so not working anymore), college application, and school but now I've finally got enough room in my schedule to start posting again.

The posts should resume soon just need to start updating my worksheets again. 

46 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

Whoa... I'm back!

Sorry for being inactive for about 2 1/2 months I was super busy with work (seasonal job so not working anymore), college application, and school but now I've finally got enough room in my schedule to start posting again.

The posts should resume soon just need to start updating my worksheets again. 

A) Welcome Back

B) The US got second in the TISC thanks to me and @dezbee2008.

C) @dezbee2008 successfully organized the consteat for the US.

D) I miss your posts

E) What colleges did you apply to?

F) I concur that senior year is way to hard. I’ve got finals next week, and I’ve been posting on here instead of studying

On 08/12/2018 at 14:20, Olympian1010 said:

A) Welcome Back

B) The US got second in the TISC thanks to me and @dezbee2008.

C) @dezbee2008 successfully organized the consteat for the US.

D) I miss your posts

E) What colleges did you apply to?

F) I concur that senior year is way to hard. I’ve got finals next week, and I’ve been posting on here instead of studying

Thanks! I applied to Washington State University and Towson University so far but I've still got a few more places I'm applying. 

13 minutes ago, Rdbc said:

Thanks! I applied to Washington State University and Towson University so far but I've still got a few more places I'm applying. 

I think I might apply to St. John’s, but that’s about it. I’m mostly likely going to go to some community college for the first two years

• 4 weeks later...

I read some frustrating news from our Ski Mountaineering Federation while looking at the qualification docs for the 2020 YOG today. The USOC will not send athletes in sports not in the current Olympic program, and because of the athlete quota restriction (like in 2018) may not send teams in our weaker Olympic sports as well :cry:

Edited by Olympian1010