Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Login | Create an Account

Sign in to follow this  
uk12points

Paralympic Sports Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Jesus, did they cut off some legs to create a para-army or something? :yikes: 

I believe it was also Australia’s first ever match

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe it was also Australia’s first ever match

It was Australia's second match. They played against Finland two days ago, where they lost 6-1. 

15 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

It was Australia's second match. They played against Finland two days ago, where they lost 6-1. 

One would think Finland is at least somewhat decent in a sport like ice sledge hockey...

China won their second match, 5-0, against host nation, Finland. China is promoted to next year's Pool B of World Para Ice Hockey.  

21 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

China won their second match, 5-0, against host nation, Finland. China is promoted to next year's Pool B of World Para Ice Hockey.  

I'm telling you, China created a team out of some non-Paralympic top athletes and is gonna medal in Beijing :p 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I'm telling you, China created a team out of some non-Paralympic top athletes and is gonna medal in Beijing :p 

China is the best China... or China's para ice hockey team is better than China's ice hockey team. 

4 hours ago, wumo26 said:

China is the best China... or China's para ice hockey team is better than China's ice hockey team. 

I think they took their hockey team and made it Paralympic, if you catch my drift :p

8 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I think they took their hockey team and made it Paralympic, if you catch my drift :p

Now you're stealing my drift of two posts earlier :p 

On Thu Nov 08 2018 at 06:05, heywoodu said:

Although Chinese sledge hockey started late, it is developing rapidly.In recent years, they has also gone abroad many times.They competed with some strong teams like Russia to accumulate experience.This score is so amazing,but this score also confirms their efforts

• Like 1

On 08/11/2018 at 05:05, heywoodu said:

Well they have 1 billion people and a well-organized sport system.. When China start to be interested in one sport, you'd better prepare...

Indonesia have 250 million people and ....:rolleyes:

You can understand why China have picked ice sledge hockey as a sport to focus on when looking at the rapid development of Russia and South Korea over the past 8 years, both winning medals at their home games despite very little previous success at the Paralympics. I would expect China to develop some promising talents in para nordic skiing too, where certain events have a pretty poor standard and China should be able to win multiple medals in Beijing.

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Not sure this would any help to be honest :p