website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

16 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

No Phelps last year.:p

It's not like Phelps is a magical wild card in the 200 free :d 

Although I agree USA is the favourite of course, I wouldn't say they're untouchable. I'd say they have like 50-55% chance to win the gold. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I think in all events contested so far USA could win 9 medals and 2 of them in gold:

Mens 200 free: No medal (Gold in the relay)

Mens 400 free: No medal

Mens 100 breast: Bronze

Mens 100 back: 2 medals, probably gold

Mens 400 IM: Silver or bronze

Womens 400 free: Gold and silver

Womens 100 breast: Silver or bronze

Womens 100 back: No medal

Womens 100 fly: Silver or bronze

Womens 400 IM: Silver or bronze

Lets see what they will bring in the other events:

I dont think that they will fight for a medal in womens 50/100 free, womens 200 breast, womens 200 fly or mens 1500 free.

My predictions:

Womens 200 free: Gold

Womens 800 free: Gold and maybe bronze

Womens 200 back: Maybe bronze

Womens 200 breast: Maybe bronze

Womens 200 fly: Maybe silver or bronze

Womens 200 IM: Silver or bronze

Womens 400 free relay: Maybe bronze

Womens medley relay: Silver or bronze

Womens 800 free relay: Gold

Mens 50 free: Silver or bronze

Mens 100 free: Silver or bronze

Mens 1500 free: Maybe bronze

Mens 100 fly: Gold

Mens 200 fly: Gold

Mens 200 breast: Anything is possible

Mens 200 back: Silver or bronze

Mens 200 IM: Gold + silver or bronze

Mens 400 free relay: Anything is possible, probably bronze

Mens medley relay: Gold

Mens 800 free relay: Gold

My prediction is that they will win about 30 medals and about 10 of them in gold.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Cammile Adams (2nd at 200 fly at last year's world champs) got disqualified in the heats in Omaha :yikes:

However, she protested and she got her place in the semis back, kicking Vanessa Krause out. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Didn't get a chance to write it yesterday, but better late then never, Summary of results of day 3 of USA Trials

Men 200 Free - Connor Dwyer, Townley Haas (Lochte finishes 4th and only qualifies for relay)

Men 100 Back - Ryan Murphy, David Plummer (Matt Greavers finishes 3rd)

Women 100 Back - Olivia Smoliga, Kathleen Baker (Missy Franklin finishes 7th!)

Women 100 Breast - Lilly King, Katie Meili

later today - Women 200 free finals (with Katie Ledecky, Leah Smith, Missy Franklin and Allison Schmitt), Men 200 Fly (Phelps) and Women 200 IM

10 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Just as untouchable as one year ago at the World Championships? :p 

I hope so...:rofl::p

but we all know that they are like Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde when it comes down to the Olympic Games and that they don't care that much about the remaining competitions...

so, I don't think that last year's results have any consequence on their minds...unfortunately...

however, based on yesterday's results, I guess that in Rio they will swim at least 4 or 5 seconds faster than in Kazan, putting them well outside the reach of any other team...

USA Swimming Trials Day 4

Women 200 Free - Katie Ledecky, Missy Franklin (Leah Smith, Allison Schmitt qualified for the relay)

Men 100 Fly - Michael Phelps, Tom Shields

Women 200 IM - Maya Dirado, Melanie Margalis

Tomorrow Finals

Men 200 Breast, 100 Free

Women 200 Fly

Wow, Josh Prenot only misses the 200 breast WR by less than two tenths of a second :yikes: