website statistics

Swimming Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

MantaRaymarc

5 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

He's listed in the 200m free, 200m fly, 100m free, 200m IM and 100m fly.

Here's the entry list for the US trials.

200 and 100 free? though i think he's just doing that to be eligible for the relay teams, also he dropped 400 IM, not surprising after the horrible performance in london

7 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

100 free :mumble:I guess he will try it for training purposes. Everything else is his usual schedule, nothing surprising.

1 hour ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

200 and 100 free? though i think he's just doing that to be eligible for the relay teams, also he dropped 400 IM, not surprising after the horrible performance in london

I think he was already clear the 400 IM wouldn't be on his program ever again after London :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

100 free :mumble:I guess he will try it for training purposes. Everything else is his usual schedule, nothing surprising.

it's because of the relays...he still needs to be in the top 4 if he wants to take part in the quick freestyle relay and try to increase his amount of Olympic medals...

and also the 200m free probably will be used in that sense (frankly I don't see how he could be a gold medal contender in this event)...I think that he's going to focus only on the 100 & 200 fly & the 200 IM races as individual targets...

On 6/24/2016 at 02:06, JoshMartini007 said:

100+ entries in most events, 192 swimmers in the men's 100m backstroke :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

spectacular race between Kromowidjojo and Pellegrini in the 100m Free today in Rome, with the Dutch edging the Italian star by just 0.04 secs in a very quick event, especially considering the full training period (53.14 to 53.18, which is also a new Italian Record for Pellegrini, who destroyed her previous best time - 53.55 - dating back to the rubbish...ehm...rubber era in 2009)...

in the same pool, Inge Dekker was 5th in the women's 100m Fly in 59.26...and Gregorio Paltrinieri just took a bath for the fans in the men's 1500m Free (he won in 14.51.something)...

yesterday there was also a very good and promising time by Gabriele Detti in the men's 400m Free (3.44.21), once again in full training period and just after getting back from altitude training in Sierra Nevada (today he swam 1.46.78 to win the men's 200m Free ahead of Dominik Kozma, HUN, who was just above 1.47)...

USA Swimming Trials Day 1

Men 400 IM - Chase Kalisz, Jay Litherland

Men 400 Freestyle - Connor Dwyer, Connor Jaeger

Women 400 IM - Elizabeth Beisel, Maya Dirado

Tomorrow's finals - Women's 100 Butterfly, 400 Freestyle, Men 100 Breaststroke