website statistics

What is your Nation's Goal for Summer Olympic Games 2016?

Il y a 2 heures , orangeman a déclaré:

Canada's goal is to finish in the top-12 of total medals which would require about 22.  This is always their goal at the SOG, and it's quite ambitious.

It is pretty ambitious, because the last time we achieve that was in 1992 I guess, Correct me if I am wrong.

2 hours ago, Canada4thewin said:

It is pretty ambitious, because the last time we achieve that was in 1992 I guess, Correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah, 22 was the most ever by Canada at a non-boycotted SOG (we got 44 in 1984, and it's a shame that this one isn't really counted since it was one of Canada's strongest teams ever and they would have gotten a lot of medals without the boycott).  

In 2012 Canada was #14 in total medals with 18 (needed 20 for top-12) and we were #13 in 2008 with 19 (needed 24 for top-12).  I think it's doable this year, but as always we will still lag behind in golds.  Still, I believe there will be a lot more Canadians in finals in swimming and athletics this time around, and more of our teams should be competitive which should make everything more fun regardless of medals.  

il y a 4 minutes, orangeman a déclaré:

Yeah, 22 was the most ever by Canada at a non-boycotted SOG (we got 44 in 1984, and it's a shame that this one isn't really counted since it was one of Canada's strongest teams ever and they would have gotten a lot of medals without the boycott).  

In 2012 Canada was #14 in total medals with 18 (needed 20 for top-12) and we were #13 in 2008 with 19 (needed 24 for top-12).  I think it's doable this year, but as always we will still lag behind in golds.  Still, I believe there will be a lot more Canadians in finals in swimming and athletics this time around, and more of our teams should be competitive which should make everything more fun regardless of medals.  

So true,

Sometimes it is so frustrating to watch some sports and to not see any Canadian there.  Sometimes it is very depressing even if I love watching all the countries.:yes

our president of the NOC says: minimum 6 medals, we have 4 in London.......for me is near to an utopia thinking in that minimum, i will be glad if our country win 6 medals, at least one gold.

3 minutes ago, konig said:

our president of the NOC says: minimum 6 medals, we have 4 in London.......for me is near to an utopia thinking in that minimum, i will be glad if our country win 6 medals, at least one gold.

i thought like every olympics that you will win football, even without messi, until the problems started

2 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

i thought like every olympics that you will win football, even without messi, until the problems started

thanks, in normal ocations is more dificult qualifing that the olympcis itself: silver in 1996, gold in 2004 and 2008, but in this strange case i dont know, we have a coach (not a good one but at least we have), in this moment the problem are having enough good players to participate.

1 minute ago, konig said:

thanks, in normal ocations is more dificult qualifing that the olympcis itself: silver in 1996, gold in 2004 and 2008, but in this strange case i dont know, we have a coach (not a good one but at least we have), in this moment the problem are having enough good players to participate.

i remember 96 so well.... was always a big supporter of the Argentinian football team, and that final against nigeria..... ouch that hurt me for years later

Just now, Maxim Fastovsky said:

i remember 96 so well.... was always a big supporter of the Argentinian football team, and that final against nigeria..... ouch that hurt me for years later

its good to know :yes, i was 12 years old in that time, my anger was so big that i go to my room and didnt go out for many hours :lol:, i never expected losing that final with so many goal chances.

2 minutes ago, konig said:

its good to know :yes, i was 12 years old in that time, my anger was so big that i go to my room and didnt go out for many hours :lol:, i never expected losing that final with so many goal chances.

did Batistuta play that year?

i have a friend that was born in korea but lived in argentina for a long time before coming to america and he is so pissed off right now after the copa, and last years copa and the final against germany, one message about argentina to him and i get like 8 back LOL