website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

I'm also curious what our gymnastics expert @thiago_simoes thinks about this :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

vor 8 Minuten schrieb FC Mezhgorye:

If Stretovich really better Ignatiev, Russia will be able to compete for the gold in the team, not only for medals. And Stretovych will be a contender for the finals on uneven bars and horizontal bar. He was a month ago, won the Cup of Russia in these disciplines

I doubt that the russian team will compete for gold. I think they will fight for bronze against GB.

I also doubt that Stretovich will reach the uneven bars final or is he the Semenya of artistic gymnastics? :mumble:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 минуты назад, OlympicsFan сказал:

I doubt that the russian team will compete for gold. I think they will fight for bronze against GB.

I also doubt that Stretovich will reach the uneven bars final or is he the Semenya of artistic gymnastics? :mumble:

I don't know what to expect from him, but Ignatyev is strong gymnast. And if he was changed to Stretovych, he can then "play" better.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb FC Mezhgorye:

I don't know what to expect from him, but Ignatyev is strong gymnast. And if he was changed to Stretovych, he can then "play" better.

Maybe Ignatyev was just in a bad shape? Last year your team was 2 points behind the silver medal and 2.5 points behind the gold medal. Why do you think that your team will be so much better, while at the same time GB and Japan wont improve? I just looked at the results from last year again and GB missed gold by only 0.5 points, although Bevan only scored 13.9 on pommel horse. I think it will GB and Japan will be even better this year, considering that Bevan and Wilson are much more experienced this year. I would say GB and Japan will fight for gold and China will be the favorite for bronze.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

21 минуту назад, OlympicsFan сказал:

Maybe Ignatyev was just in a bad shape? Last year your team was 2 points behind the silver medal and 2.5 points behind the gold medal. Why do you think that your team will be so much better, while at the same time GB and Japan wont improve? I just looked at the results from last year again and GB missed gold by only 0.5 points, although Bevan only scored 13.9 on pommel horse. I think it will GB and Japan will be even better this year, considering that Bevan and Wilson are much more experienced this year. I would say GB and Japan will fight for gold and China will be the favorite for bronze.

I'm not sure of the result, I just hope that Ignatyev was in great shape, but Stretovych was even better. Well Ablyazin, Kuksenkov can show a very good result for the team. The last European Championship showed that GB can win (even if they were only 3 and 2016 Olympian). I think Japan will win, but the winner is not known until the last athlete.

Quick question: do you need to have 4 gymnasts per apparatus in order to have a valid result in the team event? 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Epke Zonderland withdraws from the pommel horse and parallel bars because of "injured fingers". He'll do the horizontal bar only. 

Let's help the guys on Insidethegames out in solving a mystery: who is this who falls in a bit painful way? Or at least, which nation is it?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb heywoodu:

Quick question: do you need to have 4 gymnasts per apparatus in order to have a valid result in the team event? 

No. Four gymnasts permorm on each apparatus, but only the best three results are counted for the team. If only three permorm, then all performances count. Kind of same as in equestrian team events.

Em 8/2/2016 at 15:35, heywoodu disse:

I'm also curious what our gymnastics expert @thiago_simoes thinks about this :p 

I'm not sure, but I think it doesn't make much of a difference. Russia's ambitions in the men's team event should be aiming for a bronze medal. Gold and silver are set for Japan and China, while Great Britain and the United States are more likely to fight for the bronze medal, with Ukraine as a dark horse. Right now, I think Russia is even behind the dark horse level.