website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

5 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Yeah, I know that you don't like when someone thinks that something is "guaranteed", but c'mon, it would be the shock of the century if they loose. As Nastia Liukin commented in the NBC broadcast, they could potentially send two teams and win gold and silver - I don't think this would happen, but they're clearly far ahead of other teams.

and also it is well accepted that in women's individual AA the gold medal is booked by USA even before competition starts :d

38 minutes ago, George_D said:

and also it is well accepted that in women's individual AA the gold medal is booked by USA even before competition starts :d

The rest must come up with better gymnasts then :d

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

12 minutos atrás, vinipereira disse:

Daniel Purvis out, didn't expect this.

It almost looks like they decided to select only English gymnasts, and Purvis is Scottish, so he had to stay out. Seriously, though, I can't see Brinn contributing to this team as much as Purvis could. Weird (and possibly political) decision.

The women's team is definitely not my favorite team, but I will not comment any further. 

9 minutos atrás, thiago_simoes disse:

It almost looks like they decided to select only English gymnasts, and Purvis is Scottish, so he had to stay out. Seriously, though, I can't see Brinn contributing to this team as much as Purvis could. Weird (and possibly political) decision.

The women's team is definitely not my favorite team, but I will not comment any further. 

Do you think the women's team will win a medal?

2 minutos atrás, vinipereira disse:

Do you think the women's team will win a medal?

The US will win gold, Russia and China will battle for silver and bronze. If one of these teams faulter, Great Britain, Japan, Canada and Brazil are too close to call which team could win a medal. 

1 minute ago, thiago_simoes said:

The US will win gold, Russia and China will battle for silver and bronze. If one of these teams faulter, Great Britain, Japan, Canada and Brazil are too close to call which team could win a medal. 

I think that, whit a lot of luck, Italy can win a silver