website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

19 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Iordache had no chance of getting a medal. Ponor will not get one either, but at least she will probably make it to the balance beam and floor finals. 

OK :) Being Romanian, I probably know the Romanian gymnasts far less than you do... 

Em 7/28/2016 at 14:16, zob79 disse:

OK :) Being Romanian, I probably know the Romanian gymnasts far less than you do... 

I follow this sport quite closely for a number of years. One must only look at the videos from the Romanian nationals and the difference between Iordache and Ponor is clear. Iordache is not steady and has not taken part in any other competition in 2016 besides the Romanian nationals. She is not ready to compete. I wish Romania had other choices besides Ponor and Iordache, but Holbura, the third best gymnast at this point who is not injured, was not able to win a gold medal in an event with junior gymnasts, the Gymnasiade. What could she do at the Olympics? Not much, I guess.

And the fact that you are Romanian does not mean anything about how much you know about Iordache. I'm Brazilian, but don't ask me about football. I know nothing about this sport. 

Edited by thiago_simoes

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

And the fact that you are Romanian does not mean anything about how much you know about Iordache. I'm Brazilian, but don't ask me about football. I know nothing about this sport. 

The fact I'm Romanian does mean that I have access to lots of competitions, papers, TV news and inner gossip that you don't have a clue about :cool:

10 horas atrás, zob79 disse:

The fact I'm Romanian does mean that I have access to lots of competitions, papers, TV news and inner gossip that you don't have a clue about :cool:

And what can you do with this information other than coming here and stating that you know more than everybody? I'm looking for facts, and then maybe I could agree with you. After what I've SEEN, though, Ponor is the only female gymnast in Romania who could go to the Olympics without embarrassing herself and her country. 

Edited by thiago_simoes

Women's Vault - Look Ahead to Rio 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzizdPlA8rw

Athletes to look out for in Rio according to Dipa Karmakar:

Maria Paseka, Hong Un-Jong and Oksana Chusovitina ... :mumble:

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

14 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Women's Vault - Look Ahead to Rio 2016:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzizdPlA8rw

Athletes to look out for in Rio according to Dipa Karmakar:

Maria Paseka, Hong Un-Jong and Oksana Chusovitina ... :mumble:

Just to clarify, she is not saying these are main medal hopefuls but just her fellow competitors in Vault, more like her favourite athletes. 

2 hours ago, dareza said:

Nikita Ignatyev won't be in Russia team.  Ivan Stretovich is in.

Is that much of a change for the Russians? Honestly I know neither of them.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I saw ( if I understand it at all - my Russian is not good at all :d) that they had something like last big training and Stretovich was better.

12 минуты назад, heywoodu сказал:

If Stretovich really better Ignatiev, Russia will be able to compete for the gold in the team, not only for medals. And Stretovych will be a contender for the finals on uneven bars and horizontal bar. He was a month ago, won the Cup of Russia in these disciplines