website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Summer Olympic Games 2016

George_D

4 horas atrás, Federer91 disse:

Aly Raisman :clap: So glad she continued after London, because she was may favourite there. It isn't often that an american women gymnast doesn a second Olympics, so i hope she medals again in Rio. :)

Well, she has a guaranteed gold in the team event. About individual medals, maybe she can win silver/bronze in the All-Around competition and Floor.

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

Well, she has a guaranteed gold in the team event. About individual medals, maybe she can win silver/bronze in the All-Around competition and Floor.

She should learn to be amazing on the uneven bars in one month.   The only apparatus where Simone Biles is human

Guaranteed gold? Clearly you haven't watched enough sports yet to know there is no such thing :d:p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

28 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Guaranteed gold? Clearly you haven't watched enough sports yet to know there is no such thing :d:p 

Yeah, I know that you don't like when someone thinks that something is "guaranteed", but c'mon, it would be the shock of the century if they loose. As Nastia Liukin commented in the NBC broadcast, they could potentially send two teams and win gold and silver - I don't think this would happen, but they're clearly far ahead of other teams.

6 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Yeah, I know that you don't like when someone thinks that something is "guaranteed", but c'mon, it would be the shock of the century if they loose. As Nastia Liukin commented in the NBC broadcast, they could potentially send two teams and win gold and silver - I don't think this would happen, but they're clearly far ahead of other teams.

After seeing the worlds i dont think that we are so far ahead.  I think its one gymnast that gives such advantage that others cant catch up 

10 minutos atrás, Maxim Fastovsky disse:

After seeing the worlds i dont think that we are so far ahead.  I think its one gymnast that gives such advantage that others cant catch up 

You had some little problems on beam, but still ended more than 5 points ahead of China in the final (and 9 points ahead of bronze medallists). I think you're safe, especially seeing that some top teams are having troubles in their selections. I don't know much about China, but I think the podium will look something like USA / China / GB/Russia, although I would love if a "new" nation could medal in the team event.

30 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Of course I was also just kidding a bit, I'm well aware they've got like 85% chance to win the gold (which is rare for any event) :p

I just mean there would definitely be bigger shocks possible in my opinion, like Teddy Riner being beaten, and I'm sure the past Olympics have provided bigger shocks throughout the 300-something events.

Well if you'd had to name 2-3 teams that could take the gold in case USA fails for some reason (after all, it's gymnastics, there's plenty of room for error), which nations would that be? China and Russia?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

^Yet Teddy Riner is just one guy, playing a sport that can be decided with one bad movement. This is a team event of an individual sport, in which several individual performances are counted to make the final score.

I see much less room for an upset in the latter.

9 minutos atrás, heywoodu disse:

Of course I was also just kidding a bit, I'm well aware they've got like 85% chance to win the gold (which is rare for any event) :p

I just mean there would definitely be bigger shocks possible in my opinion, like Teddy Riner being beaten, and I'm sure the past Olympics have provided bigger shocks throughout the 300-something events.

Well if you'd had to name 2-3 teams that could take the gold in case USA fails for some reason (after all, it's gymnastics, there's plenty of room for error), which nations would that be? China and Russia?

I think it would be a shock if they loose the gold medal in the team event simply because they have options and room for error. If somehow a gymnast gets injured during competition, another one could do her apparatus - Gabby Douglas is only going to the Olympics to do the UB in the team final, but has good to great scores anywhere else. For individual events, I wouldn't be so shocked if Biles loses one of her almost certain golds (maybe only the AA, in which she could have a fall and still win).

I think that we could see an upset if China had a perfect day, and USA had a very bad one.

You had some little problems on beam, but still ended more than 5 points ahead of China in the final (and 9 points ahead of bronze medallists). I think you're safe, especially seeing that some top teams are having troubles in their selections. I don't know much about China, but I think the podium will look something like USA / China / GB/Russia, although I would love if a "new" nation could medal in the team event.

You don't think that the biggest reason for it is biles? Nbc yesterday was saying shes on track to win 5 gold. Even if she wont.  Being a favorite in so many is insane!!